Chapter 4: Hunter and Annabelle

CAMRYN'S POV

*One Week Later*

"Kids! Hunter and Annabelle are here! Come downstairs." My mom called. I got out of my bed and walked down the stairs to see Hunter and Annabelle with their kids, Sydney and Brandon. Yes, they named their son after my dad. Sydney is seven, the same age as the twins, and Brandon is five.

"Hunter! Annabelle!" Danielle exclaimed. She was the closest to them since they are her godparents after all.

"Sydney!" The boys exclaimed. Sydney and the boys were the best of friends pretty much.

"Camryn, can you follow me?" Hunter asked. I nodded and followed him through the house and out to the back porch. He sat down on the porch swing and had me sit next to him.

"So, Brandon told me that you've been getting bullied." I groaned. "Just listen. If you don't want to tell your dad, you can always call me up. I promise, whatever we talk about will be strictly between us, I won't tell Brandon. Unless, you know, you're suicidal, then I have to tell him. So, is there anything you want to get off you chest?"

"Umm ac-no." I started but decided against it.

"Are you sure, you hesitated a bit."

"I'm sorry, there's just something that really needs to stay between me and my bedroom walls."

"Come on Camryn, tell me. It's not good to hold things in. Trust me, I did and it caused me to blow up on my dad a few times." He laughed.

"I'm really sorry, I can't. You'll tell my dad."

"You can trust me. Come on, I'm only, what, twenty eight, fifteen years older then you. You can trust me!"

"I-I cut."

"What?"

"I cut." I said, moving my bracelets so he could see my arms.

"Oh Camryn." He sighed.

"Please don't tell my dad!" I begged.

"I don't know Camryn, you know how he is about cutting."

"Exactly! That's why I don't want him to know! Come on Hunter, you promised!" I begged and he sighed.

"Okay, I'll keep my promise if you promise you'll stop." I nodded and he smiled, hugging me. "I'm serious Camryn, you really need to stop."

"I know."

"Can I tell you a story?"

"Sure." I shrugged.

"Okay, when I was in high school, I knew this kid whose family was falling apart. His dad had disappeared and the only way he knew how to cope was to cut himself. He knew it hurt everyone around him, but he didn't care. His mom ended up getting him therapy because she was worried about him. After a few sessions, my friend stopped cutting and he was happy. He was becoming friends with the girl he liked and his confidence was slowly rising. Then, a rumor started that he was gay and he was bullied even worse then before, what was worse was his crush said she couldn't be friends with him anymore. He went home and broke, he cut again. This went on for about a month and his healing arms became scarred again. He was so disappointed in himself, even though everyone thought he was still clean. One day, he was really upset and he cut, but he accidently cut too deep and began to freak out. Luckily, his mom came home from work right then and he called for her. He didn't want to die, he wasn't ready. His mom got him to the hospital, and in the end, he was fine. Do you know who that was?"

"Who?" I asked.

"Me." He said, pointing his finger at himself.

"R-Really?" He nodded.

"So, I know where you're coming from Camryn, because I struggled myself. Promise you'll try to stop?"

"I promise." He smiled and hugged me again. We walked back in and my dad stood up.

"Let's go swimming!" He exclaimed.

"One problem, we don't have suits." Hunter laughed.

"I'm not going." Annabelle said. "I don't want the kids to swim either."

"Fine, then I don't have a swimming suit." Hunter corrected himself.

"I have one you can borrow." He said, running up the stairs. He returned moments later and threw some swim trunks down to Hunter. "Come on Camryn! Put your swimming suit on!" He exclaimed, running back into his room. I shrugged and walked up to my room, pulling on my black bikini. I kept my bracelets on since they were rubber and wouldn't get damaged.

I ran back down to see my dad and Hunter in the pool. I jumped into the pool, Danielle shortly following. I examined my dad's back as he swam around. On his left shoulder was my footprints, my name and my birthdate. On his left shoulder was Danielle's footprints, her name and her birthdate. In the middle of his back were the twins footprints with their names and birthdate. I smiled, knowing that he cared about us enough to get us tattooed on him.

We played around a bit before Hunter and Annabelle had to leave. I showered and got dressed, laying in my room for the rest of the day.

*****************************************************************************************

Christian ----------->

Listening to Just The Way You Are~ Bruno Mars