CHAPTER 23

Kelly walked back to the stairs "I'm home," Larry said out loud to his wife with a uneasy look on his face.

She didn't know if she was hearing someone, while stepping up the stairs and looked up, to find some eyes peeking around the corner of the door frame.

"Eek... Eek?" She screamed out loud with a scared look on her face, while Kelly tried to keep her balance. after getting control of her balance, she was frantic and run down the stairs, to where she could reach the baseball bat.

While she looked away for a brief second, kelly didn't see who it was and slowly walked up the stairs with the bad in hand, thank you that no one is going to scare her out of her home.

When can we go to the door, she saw a arm at the corner of the door frame and swung the bat. Larry jumped away from it, before grabbing it from his wife and kept looking at her with a upset look on his face.

All this has scared her badly He thought to himself with a sigh, as he told her to calm down and let her know it was only him. When she realized it, she look over the bat and started to get teary-eyed, making her way into her husband's arms.

While he was comforting her, Larry knew she would get upset again about their daughter and hoped she wouldn't get irate. meanwhile outback, Connie was thinking about how to get a weight and the fog was the problem, but the way for her to vanish.

"I can't hold it no more," Connie said out loud to her with a eagle look on her face. The entity was looking at the little girl, noticing she couldn't stay still and it let her go to use the bathroom, trying to keep an eye on her.

When Connie was walking away, she could feel the woman watching her and she kept walking into the fog. She didn't have that feeling anymore, as Connie turn to look and couldn't see nothing, while trying to find a way out.

While she was doing that, inside the house Kelly finally calm down and pulled away from her husband, wondering if he had found their daughter. Ooo... No, here we go again Larrythought to himself with a dreadful look on his face, as he looked at his wife.

"You didn't find her, did you?" She said to her husband with a angry voice, as she started to walk away.

I wonder if she could be playing out in the trees Larrytalk to himself with a curious look on his face, while trying to catch his wife. He was not happy at the moment, since he couldn't get to her and knew he had to use drastic measures.

"Stop... Stop where you're at!" He yelled out to his wife with a hateful voice, hoping she would stop.

Kelly shook her head in disbelief Heis going to get it, if he keeps this up She thought to herself with a red face, as she stopped where she stood.

"Who the f... You think you're talking to?" Kelly asked Larry with a hateful voice, while she looked over at him.

"Ah...ah," Larry said to his wife with a confused look on his face, wondering what she was going to do next. She gave him the evil eye, before wondering what was so important and still there waiting for him to say something.

Larry was afraid to say anything, but knew it was about their only child and just decided to talk to his wife, as he made his way over to her. "We haven't checked the trees on our land," he said to her with a straight face, while looking at his wife.

He's right, haven't checked there Kelly thought to herself with a dumbfounded look on her face, wondering why she didn't think of that first.

She looked at her husband and they headed to the back door, hoping that they wood find her, since it was eight o'clock at night. "I'll be right back, going to get the flashlights," he said as he walked to the kitchen, stepping inside and made his way to the pantry.

He opened the door, then stepped inside and started looking for the lights, since they weren't where they were supposed to be. While he was doing that, up in the hallway Kelly decided to open the back door.

After she did that, something in her gut was telling her to holler for Connie, but she didn't know if she should. "Baby girl... Where are you, we miss you and love you!" She screamed out the door, wishing she would get a answer.

After Kelly did that, she realized that it wasn't a good idea and new Connie could go deeper into the trees, as she started to worry more. When Larry found them, he walked out into the hall and handed one to her.

Larry and Kelly turn them on, while stepping out of the house and started walking towards the trees. Kelly noticed the fog, but didn't know what was going on and kept walking with her husband.

"Did you notice, the fog is only in the trees and nowhere else?" She asked her husband with a confused look on her face.

"I know, it did this before," He said back to his wife with no concern in the world, except finding Connie.

When they started into the trees, they hope to find their little girl soon. well they were doing that, Connie was trying to make her way out of there and the entity was not happy about it.

The entity was on a mission, to find her and could feel the presence of the little girl's parents. While everyone was looking for Connie, Larry and Kelly was not going to give up, when their daughter ran smack into something.

The entity was not happy, as she disappeared and the fog started to lift. "Mommy... Daddy, is that you?" Calling them with a frightened voice and waited for a answer.

When it had disappeared, Connie started to cry and grabbed her parents arms, since she was happy to see them. "It's okay baby girl, everything will be okay," they said to her was relief etched on their faces.

The Miller started back to the house, as Kelly looked at her watch and noticed it was eleven at night. While walking to the back door of the house, she didn't know what to fix for them to eat and knew their daughter was hungry by now.

When they got to the back door, they stepped inside and went straight into the kitchen, to find something to eat. While Kelly was looking in the fridge, her husband grabbed a glass of water for their daughter.

Larry walked over to where Connie was, setting the glass in front of her, as she picked it up and down and it in a matter of seconds. He looks at their daughter, since he never saw her down water like that and blurry went to grab another glass for her.

While he was doing that, his wife decided to make hot roast beef sandwiches and Doritos, since it was really late. Kelly was finishing the sandwiches "Can you get the bag of chips for me?" She ask Connie with a smile, while continuing with the food.

"Yes mom, I will," She said to her mother with a tired look on her face and made her way over to the pantry, to get what her mom had told her to get. When she got there, Connie open the door and stepped inside, looking for it.

While she was doing that, Larry wants back with another glass of water and noticed, their daughter wasn't where she was supposed to be. Where did she run off to now He thought to himself with a worried look on his face, as he looked around the room.

Larry realize the door to the pantry was open, while setting the glass down on the counter and made his way over to it, hoping to find their daughter.

While he was walking over there, the door slammed shut in a instant and he thought their daughter had done it. "Open the door now," Larry told Connie with a Stern voice, as he got close to it.

Connie was trying to open it up, like her dad had told her and couldn't get it opened. Connie was starting to get scared, as she kept turning the door knob and pushing on it.

After trying a few minutes, she was fearful over what was going on and didn't know what to do, when Connie felt something touch her shoulder. Connie was so frightened, she passed out and fell to the floor, not knowing what had happened.

While he was trying to open the door, Larry knew something was going on with their little girl and tried to show no fear, since his wife would flip out again. Larry started yanking on the door, hoping he could get it open and his face started to get red.

"What's going on over there?" Kelly said to her husband with a confused look on her face.

"Nothing," he said to her with a kind voice, as he didn't turn around and hope she would believe him.