CHAPTER 9

"Thank you," Jake said to Kelly with a smile, while she stepped into the car and close the door behind her. Kelly wave at him, as she pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road, heading to Mays Burgers.

When she pulled into the parking lot, she stepped out of the car and headed inside to order. Kelly walked up to the counter, then looked at the menu and try to decide what she was going to order.

When may walked up to her, setting a glass of ice water down in front of her and stood there, waiting for her to look up. Wall standing there, Kelly looked up at her with a smile and she had decided on what she was going to get.

"I'll have three double cheeseburger baskets and three strawberry shakes please," She said to her with a smile. May wrote it down on her notepad, then read it back to her before going to put the order in.

While she sat there drinking her water, Kelly hedges received her order in waterfront to pay for the food. After paying for it, she walked out the door and stepped into her car, closing the door behind her.

Kelly pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road, as she headed towards home. Meanwhile at the house, Connie climbed out of the pool and walked over to the diving board, stepping up on it.

"Daddy, watch this!" She yelled to her dad, when she walked to the edge of it. Larry turn towards the diving board with a smile on his face and waited, to see what she was going to do.

Connie was about to wave at her dad, when she felt like someone was pushing on her back and she jumped off the board without looking back.

While she was swimming towards her father, Larry turned around to step out of the pool and felt like someone touched his leg. It's probably my little girl again Hethought to himself, as he looked behind him and noticed her in the middle of the pool.

He didn't know what to think about I think I'm losing it, maybe I'm just tired He thought to himself, as he stepped out of the pool. "Wait for me!" She yelled to her dad, while trying to get to the other side.

He looked over at her "I'll be right back, going to the bathroom," He said to her with a smile and headed inside the house. Connie didn't want to be out there by herself, after what had just happened and swim to the edge of the pool, stepping out of it.

She walked over to where the towel was, picked it up and wrap it around her, before heading inside the house. Connie walked into the kitchen, to grab a glass of water and in the distance, she heard a vehicle pulling into the driveway.

When she picked out the door, she saw the front door opening and started to wonder if it was her mom. "Come help me with the groceries?" Kelly asked her family, with two bags in her hand.

Connie was happy it was her mom and ran down the hallway, to help her with the bags. They said the bags down on the counter, then headed back out to grab some more stuff, when Larry walked out to the car to help.

While grabbing the bags, it didn't take long for them to have everything inside. The whole family started putting the food up, before they sit down to eat lunch.

When everything was put up, they sat down at the table and started to eat lunch, when Kelly notice the pantry door was open. She got up from the table, walked over to it, as the door started closing on its own.

It must be unbalanced She said to herself, while making her way back to the table and sat down. "We need to have that checked out," She said to her husband, then took a bite out of her Burger.

"No, I'll check on it later, let's relax today," he told his wife and went back to eating.

"Okay, that sounds fine," Kelly said to Larry was a sigh of relief, while finishing their lunch. When they were done, Larry and Connie threw the stuff away, while Kelly went upstairs to change into her swimsuit.

Her husband and daughter went out to the pool side, sat on the side of it while waiting on their food to digest. Well they were doing that, upstairs Kelly was looking for the bathing suits and felt a cold sensation pass through her.

When she noticed goosebumps on her arms, she hurried to find one of her swimsuits and when she found it, she rushed to put it on. Kelly finished putting on her blue one-piece, get it out of the bedroom and down the stairs, as she headed for the back door.

She ran out to the backyard, as she was cold as ice and stood there under the sun, trying to get warm before getting into the pool. Well she was starting to warm up, her husband and daughter jumped into the pool and started to play.

"Mommy... Mommy, look at me," Connie said to her mom, while standing on her dad's shoulders. Close look up at her daughter with a smile I hope she doesn't hurt herself She thought to herself, while walking over to the pool.

She sat down on the edge of it, while watching her daughter drop off Larry's shoulders and into the deep end of the pool. The both of them looked at the water, waiting for their little girl to come up and a few minutes went by, as she didn't come up.

Kelly was outraged at herself, we're not putting a stop to it over and over to the deep end, as she dove  into it. Well she was searching for her, Connie had made her way to her dad and grabbed his leg.

What the hell, not again He thought to himself as he looked down at his leg noticing it was their daughter. Larry was furious at Connie, as he reached down and pulled her up by her arms, setting her on the side of the pool.

After he did that, he went back to the deep end to find his wife and dove under the water, as he pointed to her to come up. When both of them came up, she knew her husband had found their daughter and swam over to where she was.

"What do you think you're doing, scaring me like that?" Kelly asked their daughter with a Stern voice, as Connie started to cry.

"Sorry ma..., Sorry Papa" she said to her parents, while hanging her head
down. When they finished scolding her i don't want to swim anymore She thought to herself, when Connie stood up and grabbed a towel.

She wrapped it around her, as she ran inside the house and up the stairs to her room, slamming the door shut. Connie was really upset as she grabbed a pair of red short pants and a white tank top, before heading back into the hallway.

When she had everything in hand, she stepped it to the hall and walk down to the bathroom closing the door behind her. She turn the water on, started filling the tub up and down at the pool, Larry and Kelly wondered if they were too hard on their daughter.

They both of them set by the pool taking in the sun, upstairs in the bathroom, he was stepping into the tub and realized she didn't lock the door. Connie decided not to worry about it, she just wanted a hot bath and to think about what she had done.

Well she was relaxing in the tub what was that Connie thought to herself, while listening to see if she heard it again. When she started hearing footsteps in the hall, as it was like someone was pacing back and forth.

Connie didn't know what to think about it, when she noticed it was quiet again and went back to her bath, realizing she shouldn't have scared her parents like that.

When the water started turning cold, she stepped out of the tub and dried off, before getting dressed. Connie stepped out of the bathroom, was the dirty stuff in hand and walked over to the laundry chute, putting them inside.

After she had that done, she headed downstairs to the kitchen and grab three sprites before heading out back, to apologize to both of our parents.

When she stepped out of the kitchen, she started having tears forming in her eyes and try to get them under control, before stepping out the back door.

Connie set the soda down on the floor, as she started wiping her eyes and when she had them dried up, is when she picked up the cold drinks back up.