CHAPTER. 16

While they were waiting, Larry was picking up some cold medicine and Band-Aids for the house. Kelly was looking around the pharmacy, as she saw some stuff that was needed for the house and picked it up, as she headed back to the counter.

When Kelly got there, she said the stuff down and stood there waiting. Larry had finished looking around, then made its way to the counter and set the stuff down.

After he was done, Larry decided to go get something to eat and drink, while looking over at his wife. "Sweetheart, I'm going to get something to eat and drink," he said to his wife with a smile, as he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Larry started to walk away, when she decided to get something to"I'll have whatever you're getting!" Kelly said out loud to her husband, hoping he heard her. He turned his head, looking at her and smiled, before continuing to the door.

When he got there, he opened the door and stepped outside, as the door closed behind him. Larry decided on burgers, while crossing the street and walked over to Mays burger joint, as he stepped inside.

He walked over to the counter, sat down and waited for a menu, when may walked up to him with a glass of water as well as a menu. She said it down, as me walked away and headed to the kitchen, since the food was ready for the other customer.

While she was doing that, Larry was looking through the menu and decided on what he was going to get.

When may was done, she walked over to the counter "You ready to order?" She asked him was a smile, as she was waiting on him to order.

"I'll take two bacon cheeseburgers and two large strawberry shakes to go please," Larry said back to her with a wink, as May made her way to put the order in.

After putting it in, she walked over with a dish ben and started cleaning the tables off, until his to-go order was ready. Well Larry was waiting on his order, over at the pharmacy Kelly was paying for everything, when Stewart started backing everything up.

When everything was bagged, she walked back to the doctor's office and sat down in the waiting area What is taking my husband so long She talk to herself with a anxious face.

Kelly looked out the doctor's office window, checking to see if her husband was on his way back and didn't see him coming, as she turned back around.

While she was sitting there, over at the burger joint Larry was paying for his to-go order and when he was done, he headed back to the doctor's office. I Hope she's at the doctor's office by now He thought to himself, while making his way across the road.

He walked over to the door stepping inside and saw his wife sitting there, as it sat down next to her. Larry and Kelly was waiting on the doctor, to come out to the waiting room and let them know something, as he started pulling the food out of the bag.

He handed his wife her milkshake and burger, before getting his out, as they started to eat. After a  hour went by, the doctor came out of the room and wave them over to the room.

"Stay here and finish your food, I'll go," Larry said to his wife with a straight face and set his stuff on the chair, before heading over to the doctor.

When he got there, the doctor explain to him about what her condition was and that they could take her home soon, as Larry shook Stewart's hand.

"Thank you So... So much," He said to him was a grand, before walking back to the waiting room and sat down, then explained everything to his wife.

Kelly started to get happy, as a smile came over her face and they both went back to eating their food. A few minutes later, they finish their food and the Millers looked up, as I saw the doctor come out from the room.

Larry and Kelly stood up, as they walk down the hallway and met with the doctor. When they got there, the doctor looked at them with a smile on his face and let them know, they can take Connie home.

While Kelly went out to the car to open the back door, her husband went into the room and pick their daughter up. When he had her in his arms, Larry walked up to the car and set her gently on the back seat, trying not to wake her.

When his wife and daughter was in, Kelly shut the door the same time as her husband. after that was done, he opened the driver's door and stepped inside, as he closed the door quietly.

Larry back out of the parking spot, as he headed home and hoped she would stay asleep the whole way there. When he started to pull into the driveway, Connie was starting to wake up and he hurry to get to the house.

Larry pulled up to the front door, stepping out closing the door behind him and walked over to the back door opening it up, noticed she had went back to sleep.

He was happy about it, since Connie had been through a lot and gently picked her up, carrying her to the front door. "Come open the door," He said to Kelly with a fearful look on his face, as Larry hope he wouldn't drop her.

When his wife walked up and unlock the door, as she opened it up, so he could go inside with their daughter. While Larry was going inside, Kelly walked back to the car and shut the doors, before heading inside.

She walked inside, closing the front door and saw her husband setting Connie on the couch. "Don't you think, she would be more comfortable in her own bed?" Kelly asked her husband was a curious look on her face.

"Yes, I know she would," He said to his wife was a straight face, knowing his wife was right.

"I'm just resting for a minute, then I'll take her up to her room," He said to his wife was a sigh, before walking over to the couch to sit down.

While he was doing that, his wife walk down the hall and stepped inside the kitchen, starting to get some stuff together for Connie. While she was working on that, Larry got up from where he was sitting and stretched, before taking their daughter upstairs.

When he was done, Larry picked her up and headed upstairs to her room, laying around the bed. How am I going to do this He thought to himself was a stunned look on his face, as he tried to figure out how he was going to get Connie under the covers.

While he stood there trying to figure it out, his wife walked through the door and had a grin on her face, as she set the tray down on the stand. "Let me help, pick her up," Kelly said to Larry with a smug look on her face, while pulling the covers back.

"Thanks for the help," He said back to his wife was a wink, before setting their little girl down and covered her up.

When everything was done, they walked out of the bedroom and headed downstairs, wondering if they would hear their daughter. Larry looked at Kelly "What about the baby monitors," He said to his wife was a kind voice.

"Did we keep them?" She asked him was a wondering look on her face, as her husband shook his head yes. Where could they be Kelly thought to herself, trying to figure where they were put at.

While she was figuring it out, Larry just started looking down in the basement, since the other stuff was stored down there. Larry started looking through the boxes, when he felt something brush up against him and he didn't know what to think.

He shrugged it off, as he continued was what he was doing and upstairs, his wife kept searching for it. Kelly decided to sit down on the couch to rest, while her husband was down in the basement and it started to get nippy.

I need to find them, I can't stop now Larry thought to himself with a cautious look on his face, as he kept on going.

While he was rushing through the boxes, Larry could feel it getting colder and he decided it wasn't going to stop him since he was on the last two. He was getting tired, as he was going through the last one and decided to rest.

Larry said on the cement floor, breathing heavily and noticed missed coming out of his mouth. When he finally found what he was looking for, he was putting things back in the box and started to hear a faint voice.