CHAPTER 12

I'm seeing things, am I losing my mind He thought to himself, as he kept on seeing a silhouette of a person. Larry took off running through the trees, as he kept on bumping into them if I only made it to the clearing of the backyard.

He was relieved to get out of it, as he turned around and the fog has evaporated What the hell is going on He thought to himself, as he could see the trees again.

Larry shook his head in disbelief, then headed towards the house and Connie came out to meet him, since she had been looking for him. "What are you doing Daddy?" She asked him with a smile on her face, as she wrapped her little arms around his leg.

He smiled at her, as he started to play with his daughter and in the kitchen, Kelly had finished the hors d'oeuvres. She wouldn't go to the crockpot, looked at the dial and noticed it was still on, as she took the lid off.

Kelly grabbed a spoon, then dipped it into the pot and brought it up to her mouth, as she tasted it. "It's about ready, just a little longer," She said to herself, then put the lid back on and headed back out, to find her husband.

Connie is in the living room Kelly thought to herself, before running into the both of them. "I thought you were inside watching TV," She said to their daughter with a confused look on her face.

She let them know, that dinner would be ready in twenty minutes and had her daughter go inside, to set the table. "Okay Mommy," Connie said to her mom was a grin, as she headed inside to get started.

When she grabbed everything she needed from the kitchen, Connie headed to the dining room and started setting the table. While she was doing that, cuz I felt a weird sensation and just shrugged it off, as she kept doing what supposed to be done.

Connie had finish setting the table, as she turned to walk out and she noticed everything was a inch off the table. She ran out of the room, screaming her head off and raced out the back door, to get to her parents.

Once you go to them, her parents looked over at her and wondered what was wrong, as Connie grab their hands. While he pulled them into the house, her parents was trying to figure out what was going on and followed her into the dining room.

When they all arrived there, Connie was confused at what she saw and everything was perfectly set on the table. "It's beautiful," They said to her with a smile, as a little girl run out of there and into the living room.

What's wrong with her They said to themselves, before stepping out of the dining room and went to find her. When they found her, she was sitting on the couch and in tears, as I walked over to her.

Larry and Kelly sat next to her, putting their arms around her and try to calm her down, before trying to talk to her. After Connie calm down, her parents looked over at her and waited for a few minutes, to see if she would say something to them.

When she didn't say nothing to them, they decided to try and talk to her, but no use. They got up from the couch, as both of them walked away and decided to give her some space, before trying again.

Larry and Kelly headed into the kitchen, as she started walking over to the pantry and grab two sleeves of crackers, putting them on a plate.

While she was working on that, her husband was getting the milk and the sweet tea out of the fridge, as he took it into the dining room.

He poured the milk into one glass, for their daughter and headed back into the kitchen, to put the jug of milk up."Dinner time!" He yelled out to call me, while his wife scooped the stew out of the pot and into a bowl.

When Kelly was finished, they stepped out of the kitchen and walked into the dining room, as Connie came running around the corner. They shut down at the dinner table, while Kelly fixed their daughters bowl of stew and Connie just kept looking around the room.

She wondered if something else was going to happen, as Connie started to focus on the stuff on the table and hoped it would happen again, so her parents would see it.

While the family started to eat, Larry and Kelly was talking to one another and their daughter was enjoying her food, when the ladle started to levitate before her eyes.

"Mom... Dad... Mom... Dad look!" She hollered out to them, wondering if they would look over at it.

"What is it?" they asked their daughter, as a little splash back into the bowl and splattered all around the bowl. Her parents looked over at her, as they noticed the splatter all around it to bowl and wasn't happy about it.

What did you do They talk to themselves, as they look at their daughter with disappointment. "Why didn't you ask for help?" Her mom asked Connie with a Stern voice.

"Well...uh...I... Sorry," She said to both of them, as she hung her head down and knew they wouldn't believe her anyways. Connie just sat there and ate her food, while she noticed her parents talking to each other again.

She just wanted to finish her food, as she hurried to finish it I just want to go upstairs and go to bed She talk to herself, while taking the last bite of the stew.

When she was done, call me sat there and looked at her parents waiting for them to stop talking. "Can I leave the table now?" she asked them with a straight face, while waiting for a answer from them.

"Don't you want dessert?" Her dad asked her with a smile on his face.

Connie shook her head no"Okay," Larry said to her, as she got up and took her bowl into the kitchen, setting it into the sink.

Connie headed upstairs to her room, shutting her door behind her and changed into her yellow nightgown, before crawling under the covers. When she was in bed, she fell asleep right off the bat and started to dream, while her lamp started to flicker.

Down in the dining room, Larry and Kelly was finishing their food, wondering what was going on with their little girl and knew it was her imagination.

When they were done, they both cleared the dishes and walked over to the kitchen, as they started putting things away.

Larry and Kelly finished everything, then headed upstairs to their broom and sleek into bed after turning the lights off, while her husband turned the TV on.

Since they decided to watch the ten o clock news, before going to sleep and while watching it, his wife had fallen asleep in the middle of it. He looked over at her, gave her a kiss on the forehead and knew she was really tired, as he finished watching the news.

Maybe I should go to sleep to Larry thought to himself, then turn the TV off and fell quickly asleep, as his head hit the pillow. While they were sleeping, a entity was roaming the upstairs hallway and Connie woke up, needing to use the bathroom.

She slipped her feet into her black fuzzy slippers, then headed to her door and opened it, as he stepped into the Hall. Connie made her way to the bathroom, stumbling into it and close the door behind her.

When she was done, she walked over to wash her hands and noticed a unusual silhouette in the mirror, as she ran to the door. Connie tried to open it, but couldn't and when she got it open, the entity was standing in front of the doorway.

She was petrified from it, as the entity try to take her hand and Connie started to freak out, while taking a few steps back. When she did that, the entity had disappeared into thin air and Connie didn't know what to do, as she ran to her room a few minutes later.

When she got to her room, she stepped inside slamming the door shut and jumped underneath her covers, shaking uncontrollably hoping it wouldn't come back.

While she was under her covers, her dad was woken up and his wife woke up as well, as he told her to go back to sleep. "I'll take care of it," Larry said to his wife, as she rolled over and went back to sleep.

He got up out of his bed, making his way to the hallway and walked across the hall, to his daughter's room.