CHAPTER 5

When he finally reached it, he looked down into the well and couldn't see anything, so he grabbed the handle on the bucket wheel.

Well he was bringing the bucket up, he felt like something was trying to pull him in and for a second he was frightened, but didn't want to say anything to no one.

He let go of the handle quickly, when he saw his boss and the other workers, pulling into the dirt driveway. Everyone walked over to the truck, routes into the ice chest and pulled out cold bottles of water, before going back to work.

The men were down in their water, while the boss was backing the trucks and dropping the bins to be used, when he dropped the last one. "Time to get back to work!" The boss screamed across the yard, at the man.

When Walter looked, all the men had disappeared from where they were, as a man were already loading the bins and it didn't take long for them to finish. The boss was satisfied, about how fast the men had gotten everything cleaned up.

He walked up to four of his men "I want you for, to load the bins up and take them to be emptied," Walter said to them, with a Stern voice and walked away.

The rest of the men, started on rebuilding the house and in town, Larry and his family had finished eating, then walked to the counter to pay. After paying the bill, they walked out the front door and stepped into the vehicle, closing the doors behind them.

He decided to go check on the house "we want to go with you," They said to him.

"Okay," He said to his wife and daughter, as he pulled onto the road. Larry started driving to the outskirts of town, hoping they had already started and when the Millers got there, he pulled into the driveway.

Him and his family was amazed, or what they saw and was happy to see how much they had done, where they pulled up to talk to Walter. When he stepped out of his vehicle "Stay here, I'll be right back," He said to his family and went to look for him.

Larry was having a hard time, finding him anywhere and saw the trucks coming up the drive, he then noticed Walter stepping out of his truck. He walked over to him "Hello there," He said to him with a smile, then waited for him to answer him.

"Give me a second, I'll be right back," Walter said to him, then walked over to where the trucks were and let them know, where to put them.

When he was done, he headed back to where Larry was and smiled "What can I do for you?" He asked Larry.

"I was just seeing, how much you got done and have you put a swing in?" He said to him, as he waited for an answer.

"Okay, anything else," he asked him, before he walks away.

"A pool would be nice, if you can manage it," Larry said to Walter, with a serious look on his face. Walter was not too happy about it, as he smiled at him and nodded his head, then walked away.

Larry walked back to his vehicle, stepped inside and turned around and pulled out of the driveway, then onto the road. He knew that the movers were waiting on his call, but it depends how fast they get it done and they headed back to the room.

Well the Miller's was heading into town, the contractor and his men were continuing to work on the house. "You too, come here," The boss said to the men and let them know, to get the pool started.

Walter started thinking about the water well, but nothing was said about it and decided to leave it. He grabbed some gray paint, walked over to the well and started paying it, hoping that would look good.

While months swing by, the Millers were getting aggravated, with a contractor and decided to make a trip to the house. "Get a hold of the movers and have them bring our stuff," He said to his wife.

"I'll be right back, going to check on the house," Larry said to his wife Kelly, then walk out the door.

He got into his vehicle, pulled onto the road and headed for the house I hope they're done He thought to himself. When he pulled into the driveway, he noticed the house and the driveway was done, but they were doing the painting.

He was so stunned, about the way it turned out and noticed it looked exactly the way it was before. He couldn't wait to get moved in, as he went looking for Walter and make sure when they could start moving in.

Well looking for him, you notice the well and it looked amazing as well, that's when Walter walked up. "Hi Larry," He said to him, with a grin and let him know, they could move in next week.

"Thank you, it's costing us a bundle, to stay at Tammy's hotel," Larry said to him.

"I bet, here is the keys," Walters said to him, before walking away. When he walked to his vehicle, he was glad that this chaos was about over and stepped inside closing the door behind him.

He headed back into town, then decided to stop off at the liquor store and grab some champagne, when they noticed the sign. Larry put his blinker on, turned into the parking lot and turn the ignition off, then noticed the outside of the building.

The building was blue with white trim and a sign hung out by the road, that said Ed's liquor in black letters. There is tinted windows, on both sides of the door and they neon sign on the left, that said Coors.

On the right window, the neon sign said Budweiser and Larry headed to the front door, stepping inside. "Hi," He said to the person behind the counter and notice the middle of the store, had wine racks as well as champagne racks.

There is a dark wooden counter, next to the left window and a old register, that's sat in the middle. On the wall behind the counter, is the bottles of hard liquor and the back wall has a cave, that has different kinds of beers.

Along the walls has mixes, that makes drinks and there are all kinds of snacks, that also hang there. Well he started looking around, Larry couldn't figure out which one to get and wave the man over, as he waited on him.

Ed Burns age fifty one years old with short brown hair and brown eyes. He is five foot seven and heavy set, with glasses, he is also a kind as well as a loving person.

Ed stepped out from behind the counter, walked over to where he was "What can I help you with?" He asked him, then coughed.

"You should get that checked out," Larry said to him, then took a step back. The man looked at him, with a strange face and waiting for him to let him know, what he needed help with.

Larry looked at the Champaign again, as he decided to just pick a hard dollar one and walk to the front with him. He paid for it, then scurried out the door and got into his car, hoping the man wasn't sick.

He pulled out of the parking lot, onto the road and went back to the hotel i need to get a shower He talk to himself. While driving, he served his glove box for wet naps and couldn't find any, as he pulled into a parking spot.

Larry stepped out of his vehicle, with the bottle in hand and walk to his room, to find his wife standing there. He's at the bottle down "Put this in ice," He said to his wife, then ran into the bathroom with the robe in his hand.

He turn the water on, then got undressed and stepped into the shower, closing the shower curtain behind him. Kelly grab the ice bucket, from the counter and walked out the room, to grab some ice.

When she got there, she held the bucket with her left hand and started scooping the ice into the it, then returned to the room.

She started knocking on the door, because she forgot the key and when it opened up, her husband was standing on the other side.

Larry started laughing at her, because she forgot to take the key and he let her in, while she gave him the evil eye. Kelly walked over to the counter, set the bucket down and grab the bottle, setting it inside.

When her husband looked at her, with a smile on his face, as he sat on the bed and waited for the champagne to get cold.