Memories.

This chapter is only from Sienna's POV because I don't think Austin's fits in for this chapter. You'll see why. 

-------

Sienna

-------

Today was the day. After a long week of Noah being in a coma, he was finally showing signs of waking up. His charts showed evidence of his waking, his hands were twitching, his lips were twitching - he was waking up. 

Sienna tugged on her jeans and buttoned them up. She shoved an overlarge sweatshirt over her head and tugged on socks. She laced her chucks and glanced in the mirror, making sure she looked okay. She needed to look okay for Noah when he woke up and looked at her. She needed it. 

Her father was standing in her doorway, leaning against the frame. "Are you ready to go?" he asked, adjusting his coat. 

"Yeah." Sienna mumbled. "I am." She followed her father down the stairs and out the door. He opened her side of the large black truck first, letting her climb into her seat, then he walked around to the other side to climb into the driver's seat. 

As he pulled out of the driveway, he gave Sienna a sympathetic look. 

"Si, I want you to know that-that there might be a-" 

"No." Sienna cut him off. "Don't say that." 

Austin looked reluctant, but he let it go. Sienna's mind was reeling. She bit her lip and brought her feet up on the dash, holding herself carefully. She was nervous. It would be an understatement to say that, actually. She was petrified. Her hands shook, her fingers were shaking, her mouth was quivering; she was just terrified

"Sienna, I-" 

She glanced over at him, brushing her long hair behind her ear. She was silently begging him to tell her the truth, even though she just told him she didn't want to hear it. She needed to hear that there was a possibility of Noah forgetting her existence, but she didn't want it to actually happen. 

"I just wanted to let you know, whatever happens…I love you…so much-" 

"I love you too. But I don't know why you're telling me that. I know you love me. I love you too. There's nothing about it. Okay?" She knew it sounded a bit offensive, but she knew Austin would understand. 

He nodded and tightened his grip on the steering wheel. 

"I know. I know. Sorry. I just-I just wanted to tell you that we're all here for you. I'm here for you." 

"I knew that already, okay?" she snapped, glaring out the window with teary eyes. She heard her father inhale sharply and she looked back at him, guilt consuming her thoughts. "I'm sorry. I just don't want…I don't want him to forget me." 

"No one wants that." Austin said quietly, his brown eyes flickering to her before returning to the road. "Trust me. No one. But it's a possibility, and I want you to be prepared for it-" 

"I am prepared for it!" Sienna snapped, her hands curling into fists on her knees. "I am! But I am not prepared to give up. Are you?" 

She glared at Austin until he finally sighed, his shoulders falling a bit. 

"No. No, I'm not. You're right. We shouldn't think negatively." 

Sienna could have said more about how right she was and how wrong he was, but they had pulled up to the hospital and Austin had parked the car. 

Sienna flew out of the car, walking a fast pace towards the front entrance. She could tell Austin was on her heels, effortlessly keeping up with her short strides.