You Haven't Shown Your Face Here Since The Bad News

-------

Sienna

-------

"It's not fair." Aaron said quietly, sounding like a child. Sienna felt her stomach clench and she glared at the wall. 

"I know it's not fair, babe." whispered Amanda. "But he's going to be okay…right, Austin?" 

Sienna didn't even look to her father for confirmation. She knew he would be shrugging and rubbing his chin thoughtfully. She knew that was what he would be doing. That's all he had been doing for the last hour. 

Noah had gone in for immediate surgery. Austin had called Ryan and they were expecting him at any moment. Alan was sitting next to Sienna, his arm comfortingly wrapped around her. Tino was on the other side of her, rubbing her back to ease her tension. Jen and Noux were with Phil, getting the group some food and drinks. 

Oliver was called too, seeing how he was staying in town at his friend's condo with Hannah. Sienna didn't really mind it. She didn't care at all. She just wanted to know if Noah was okay. 

The bullet had hit near his chest and he was bleeding quite a lot. The man who shot him was in the psychiatric ward because of his mental condition, but Sienna was still angry with him. She would never, ever forgive that man. No matter how sick he was. She hated him. 

Alan stood up muttering about taking a piss and was quickly replaced by her father. He held her hand, running his thumb over her knuckles. She stared at his hands, lost in the intricate patterns indented in his skin. His arms were uncovered, wearing a cut up shirt that a fan had made for him a while ago. It was a picture of his band, their backs to the camera. They were standing and waving; like they did when they bowed at the end of their shows. Over the picture was the text: "You're Not Alone Anymore" with scanned handwriting of the fan's thank you letter. He was wearing some Pierce The Veil basketball shorts and his feet had black Vans on them with no socks. 

Sienna's racing mind craved a distraction, and her eyes travelled up her father's exposed sides. 

"Dad?" she breathed, giving him a blank stare. Austin looked down at her, sympathy etched in his brown eyes. 

"Yeah?" 

"Dad…what…what do your tattoos mean?" she asked this part a little bit louder, trying to convince herself that it was the only thing on her mind. Apparently, Austin didn't buy it. 

"Wh-Sienna, I don't think now is the best time." 

"Please," Sienna said, her eyes watering as she looked up at him, "please, I would really like to know." 

She stared back at her father in silence as the gears clicked in his head. She could see the recognition in his eyes. 

"Oh. Well, I have a sleeve of the ocean. Some sea animals in there, because I love the sea." her father said, immediately carrying on as if nothing was wrong. "Ya know, some sea creatures, like an octopus. I've got a star here - this one was my first tattoo. An '&' symbol for Of Mice & Men. A 'Mom' heart tattoo. It's a real heart. Not one of those shitty 2-D things. It's the real deal. For my mom." 

Sienna listened to his jabbering about his tattoos. It wasn't something she hated, but she needed something to put her mind in. 

"And finally, I got this one. It's one for you and your mom." He gestured to his arm which held a rose. It was a beautiful design. The red rose was laced with pink and white. The longer she stared at the rose, the more she admired it. "See? I've got your name right here." Austin's tattooed fingers pointed a spot where the petals connected with each other. She read the scripted letters that spelled out 'Sienna' and it was hidden with the shadows that the artist created to make the 3D design. She felt her stomach seize up. Her father had gotten her name on his skin. Permanently.