The Flood: Part 2

Now the rest is from me! Beanie146 :) 

-------

Sienna

-------

She didn’t remember the last time she wore a bathing suit, and looking down at herself, she was disgusted at the sight. How could her skin go from smooth and silky to bruised and scarred? She could hear Austin and Vic talking in the background and the faint chatter of Jaime, Tony, and Tino. 

Sienna grunted and pulled her cover-up over her body before emerging from her bunk. She missed her mother. She missed her old life. She missed everything. Correspondence, as tortuous as it seemed, was at least normal. It sickened her that she wasn’t ‘normal’. 

“Are you ready, Sienna?” asked Austin. Sienna’s heart leaped as she pulled leggings on and yanked a thin sweater over her head right as Austin rounded the corner. “You’re going to the beach in that?” he sounded shocked. Sienna shrugged and brushed past him, ignoring his face of shock and shuffled into the kitchen, grabbing some water. She saw, out of her eye, Austin emerge from the bunks, rubbing his head. “You’re gonna die of heatstroke.” he joked. Sienna glanced up at him. 

Good she bitterly thought, but she only let her shoulder rise and fall. Austin looked like he was choosing his battles carefully, and he was smartly backing out of this one. 

“Just bring a lot of water, okay?” he muttered. She nodded and glanced about, looking for a bag. She realized that she would have to ask around for a bag of some sort for the water and that meant talking to people. 

After having a silent battle with herself, she let a sigh escape her lips and she walked to where most of the noise was coming from. She spied the red hair and she wriggled her way through the crowd, hating every second of it. 

“Alan?” she whispered. Alan’s head snapped up, his smile wide. 

“Yahuh?” he asked back. Sienna smiled. 

“Do you have a bag?” 

“A bag? A bag for what?” he asked curiously. Sienna shrugged. 

“Water. Austin said.” She answered, crossing her arms over her chest. Alan shook his head, aughing. 

“Uh, I think Kellin or Jesse is bringing a water cooler. Either that, or Adam.”

“Adam?” 

“The photographer.” Alan explained. Sienna nodded and Alan smirked. “Whelp, I think it’s ridiculous that you’re wearing that to the beach.” 

“I can wear what I want.” Sienna argued. Alan held up his hands, his eyebrows raised. 

“Sorry,” he laughed. He walked past Sienna, his hand lingering on her shoulder for a slight second. “Yep, Kellin’s bringing a cooler.”

“Okay.” Sienna turned on her heel and walked away from everyone. She chuckled to herself when she spied Tino in his ‘Anti-Gravity Chamber’ searching for something. She sneaked behind him and crawled into her bunk, closing her eyes. The beach can wait. 

-------

Austin

-------

He watched as Sienna moved her fully clothed body back to the bunk area. Right as she shut the curtain, he turned to Vic. 

Vic had a wide grin on his face as he followed Austin’s eyes. 

“You’re too worried.” he chuckled. Austin felt himself blush. 

“Is it really that obvious?” he asked. Vic laughed. It was one of those short barks of laughter. Austin looked down at his tattooed arms, his thoughts drifting to his fatherly instincts. 

Fatherly instincts. he always dreamed of the day when he could say he had fatherly instincts, and now he could. He found himself grinning stupidly and Vic waved a hand in front of his face. 

“Hellloooo?” Vic whined. “Earth to Austin?” 

“Haha,” Austin said sourly. “funny.” 

The shorter man shifted his weight from one foot to the other. 

“What’s up, fuckers?” called a voice as the doors of the bus flew open. Austin felt his swear radar go haywire. Normally, he woudn’t mind it, but right now, the ‘F-word’ seemed pretty extreme. 

His thoughts once again wandered to his daughter. Why did she look frightened at the idea of Kellin’s nephew? What was his name anyway? 

Austin’s blurred vision came back into focus and there stood a bouncing Kellin Quinn Bostwick. 

“Hey, Austin! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!” he cheered, jumping up and down. Austin smirked at his energetic friend. 

“Hey, Kellin. Calm down.” 

“Can’t!” he whined. “Beach!” Austin stretched his legs, yawning slightly. 

“Is everyone ready?” he called. There were cheers and whoops. “Let’s get a move on, people!” he grinned. 

As they piled out of the bus, Austin’s eye caught some brown wavy hair. 

“Are you really not going to change?” Austin tried not to sound whiny, but Sienna’s expression told him that he didn’t try hard enough.

“I have a bathing suit under this,” she replied, rolling her eyes “don’t be ridiculous.” Austin smirked, feeling his eyes close slightly. 

“Alright,” he reached out and brought Sienna close to his side. “Did you grab your phone?” 

She squirmed a bit at his side and he dropped his arm, feeling a bit embarrassed that she wasn’t comfortable enough to hug him, but could he really blame her? 

“Yes.” 

Austin nodded and led the two from the bus walking approximately a half a step in front of his daughter. What could she be thinking about in her silent state? A small part of him really didn’t want to know. 

“What’s Kellin’s nephew’s name?” she blurted out, her eyes still on the ground. Austin was shocked as this fell from her lips. She looked slightly embarrassed from her outburst as well. Austin shrugged, shaking it off. 

“I can ask.” 

“No!” She answered quickly. Austin glanced down at the tall girl, his mind reeling. 

“Okay.” he murmured, his smile quirked at his lips. He didn’t want to push it anymore, seeing how uncomfortable she already was. He trusted her to tell him when she was ready. 

A/N: So I have a lot of stuff handwritten, so I'll be spending a lot of time typing it up for your sake! Hope you liked it! 

<7 Nina