One Million Branches & She Loves Every One

---------

Sienna

---------

Today was going to be hell. After the beach, they walked back to the bus and Sienna went to her bunk. She emerged for food, then went right back when her father and his bandmates were talking about the plan for tomorrow. Today. 

It was a new day. The day she met Sam Quinn. The day she found out if Sam was the Sam she was thinking of. She felt a lump in her throat as she breezed past her father. 

“I’m taking a shower.” she told him. Austin nodded tiredly. 

“Alright. What do you want for breakfast?” 

She liked how scratchy his voice was. It made her wonder if he had always sounded that way, or if his career made it that way. “Dunno.” she replied, a towel in her hand with extra clothes. She shut the door behind her and tried to ignore Austin’s worried look. 

She avoided looking in the mirror as she climbed in and out of the shower. She quickly dressed herself and reapplied the needed makeup. She opened the door and ran into Aaron, his smile wide. 

“Whoops, sorry.” 

“It’s okay.” she said quietly. He gave her a small smile. 

“Are you alright, Sienna?” he asked softly. Sienna felt even more sick. 

“Yeah.” She lied. Aaron didn’t look convinced, but Austin saved her. 

“Kellin texted me and said that Sam’s here.” Austin grinned. “ready to meet him? You guys can hang out during our sets.” 

Sienna was not fucking ready, but she nodded. Alan walked into the lounge, chomping on come chips making Sienna inwardly cringe. 

“Oh! I wanna meet new people too!” Alan whined. Austin shrugged and walked out the door. Alan gently hip-checked her towards the exit. She followed Austin, her fingers playing with her sweater. Each step seemed heavier and heavier, her stomach doing flips. 

The Sleeping With Sirens bus wasn’t far, but it seemed like it was a thousand miles away. She could see the silhouettes of the men just standing about, laughing at a joke that was said. 

There was one person, though, who stood by himself, his arms crossed over his chest and he was frowning at Kellin and Gabe’s joke. 

Sienna felt her jaw go slack. There he was. Samuel Quinn. She thought she had seen the last f him when she was pulled out of school and started correspondence, but like all good things, there had to be a downside. 

Sienna flinched back and Austin looked down, seeming confused. 

“N-no.” she murmured. 

“What’s wrong?” Austin asked lowly. Sienna swallowed hard and looked at the ground. 

“N-no, I can’t. I have to-” 

Alan placed his hand on her shoulder. “Come here.” He directed. She did as she was told, hiding behind the ginger. 

Austin looked conflicted, but Alan told him to walk over to the men and he and Sienna would join him shortly. Austin nodded and did exactly that. Alan walked Sienna a fair distance from both of the busses and looked her over. 

“What’s wrong?” he asked gently, leaning against some fencing. Sienna didn’t want to get Sam in trouble, so she ignored her conscious telling her to tattle like a whiny baby. 

“I knew him from my old school.” 

“Old crush? “Alan teased. Sienna’s hand instantly went to her sleeves.