Skipping Stones

-------

Austin

-------

Austin felt like a kid in the candy store. Phil, Aaron, Tino, and Alan were giggling about how the waitress was staring at Mike and gawking. Mike and Vic were talking about something with Rian and Tony. 

“Oh, we’ll need a big table.” Austin said. “There’s...four...five...four...ten...five...twenty eight people. Twenty eight people in total.” 

Her eyes widened and she blushed like crazy. “Oh, give me a moment...uhhh Mr. Carlile...We’ll...erm...” she giggled and disappeared into the staff room. Austin smirked and looked down at Sienna. She was looking around the steak house in awe. He was about to say something, but a man cleared his throat. 

“Hello, sir, right this way.” he said, nodding to the back of the restaurant. While following the man, Austin was handed a small gift bag. He asked the boys to go out and get her a present for her birthday. They did as they were asked and got little trinkets of sorts. Austin asked them to grab an iTunes gift card and some strong so he could make her an anklet. The anklet didn’t look like what it was supposed to, but it’s the thought that counts. 

“My name’s Todd, I’ll be your server today.” said the man as they all seated themselves. “Can I start you out with some drinks?” 

Everyone ordered water with the few exceptions of beer. 

When they were all settling, there was a ringing sound of metal hitting glass. “Gift time!” Called Alan’s voice. Sienna shrank visibly in her seat, clearly embarrassed. 

“...gifts?” she whispered. Austin gave her a small squeeze on her arm, thinking it was cute at how she was nervous. 

“A new beginning, remember?” he reminded her softly. She smiled faintly and rubbed her neck. 

“Oo! Open mine!” Alex called, leaning over the table. He had a small box with a smiley face drawn on it. Austin smirked. He was going to wait for last to give Sienna her present. Sienna took the gift cautiously and looked a little sad that they went through the trouble of getting her presents, but she opened the lid. 

“Woah...” She muttered, putting the lid down, Alex beamed and Austin looked over Sienna’s shoulder to see what the gift was. It was an assortment of sharpies, colorful and bright. She now owned at least three different shades of the rainbow and the colors in between, and the colors in between that. She also got a can of hairspray. “Thanks...” Alex nodded.

“It’s from ATL. All of us.” the group beamed at her. She blushed and thanked them again. Austin was happy that she accepted the gift, knowing that it was just a part of the whole gift. 

“PTV NEXT!” cried Jaime, making Sienna jump slightly. He handed her a small paper bag with more doodles drawn all over it. She smirked and took the paper from them. Austin took a sip of his beer and scratched at his eyebrow. Sienna slowly peeked into her bag and her eyebrows shot up. 

“...What?” She pulled out a large bottle of rubbing alcohol and baby powder. She looked up at the Mexican group curiously. Vic smiled. 

“You’ll understand after Of Mice gives you their present.” He said, winking. Sienna smiled at him. 

“Thanks, you guys.” 

Mike laughed loudly making Austin snicker. It was an odd gift, baby powder and rubbing alcohol. 

“Our turn.” Tino handed her a plastic bag, no doodles, just a large yellow smiley face that said Walmart on it. 

Sienna grasped the bag and Austin’s heart fluttered. He hoped she liked her present. She pulled out tracing paper and a large amount of ballpoint pens. She looked quizzically up at Austin, but he laughed.