Growing Up

*Check out my cover of One Direction's Little Things! (the attached youtube video).  Thanks!  And enjoy the chapter!*

-------

Austin

-------

"It's not like you'd miss me or anything." Sienna was saying. "Besides, something tells me you'll have a lot more fun without me."

"That's not true." Austin blurted out, but Sienna rolled her eyes.

"Suure," she smirked, "please, I just need some time home. Max does too. It's not safe for a puppy to be on tour. Anyway, you let me do it before when I was fifteen. Now I'm sixteen. Please?" She gave him her best puppy dog eyes and Austin felt his heart seize a little at the sight. He sighed heavily, rolling his eyes.

"Fine, fine. You're right. You're right. You're always right." Austin grunted. Sienna's eyes widened and she grinned hugely, but Austin didn't give her the satisfaction of letting her see him being happy that she was happy, because in the end, it was all he wanted. "I'll have my dad check up on you every now and again. And I know you and Noah are back together, and I know you two are probably going to be spending the night together regardless what I say..." he trailed off, letting Sienna blush in embarrassment. "But all I have to say about that is I hope you'll be safe."

Sienna blushed even harder and Austin shuddered. "I would, of course, prefer you not to have sex at all, but I know no matter what I say, you two are going to do whatever your little hearts want to do. I'd be upset if you did fuck, but I do not want any fucking in my house, or Noah's house. Understood?"

Sienna nodded slowly, as if still processing Austin's decision. "Great. I'm late to the band meeting, so I'll call you in an hour or so about dinner. Okay?"

Sienna nodded again, this time more excitedly. Austin sighed and climbed into his truck. "We'll also talk about more rules when I get back. See you later, Si. Love you!"

Sienna replied with a flustered: Love you too, and bolted back into the house. Austin started the car and it roared to life. He backed out of the driveway and made his way quickly to the studio where he would meet his band.

---

Austin leaned against the wall outside of the studio, his mind set on one thing: Sienna was growing up. It was almost yesterday that the social worker emailed him about his daughter only having him as a relative. It was like an hour ago that she called him dad for the first time. It seemed like a second ago when she hugged him without flinching. It was unbelievable.

He took a deep breath, feeling his hands shake slightly.

You're killing me kid, but I know you're not trying to, it's just that I've crossed out more than I wrote down for you. And now I'm trying to play it off, like 'oh, I wasn't trying that hard', but what I'm trying to say is I was trying to say that you should come home. I know it seems crazy, but the weather changed as soon as you left, I'm even wearing a coat now, I think it's too cold to sit in front of holy oak, But I guess you'll be here soon, so things will be different I'm sure. I just thought that you should know, if this is what happens when you go, maybe next time, don't...

Austin didn't know why that song came to his own head. His thoughts were so jumbled, that he didn't realize his breathing shortening. He was panicking, but what was most odd about this certain feel of panic, he couldn't calm himself down.

His hands shook, his mouth quivered, his breathing stopped. Suddenly, the air burst at his chest, forcing wracking gasps to break at his throat. He felt hands place themselves on his arms, tugging him down to a sitting position.