The Best Of Me

-------

Sienna

-------

After Jeremy McKinnon had dedicated the song to her, he started it up, making her stand side stage with a dumb smile on her face.

"What'd you expect from me? It's not my fault you'll never be happy. Just cause you're right doesn't mean I'm wrong, our days were numbered and we knew it all along. Can't you let things be? Now all that's left is misunderstandings. Spent my nights wishing I was gone. My dad was right, we will never get along. So I'm done, cause things could never be the same. This is the last time, this is the last time you'll ever burden me."

Jeremy was jumping up and down, getting the crowd pumped and excited. Austin was beside her, watching too. For some reason, Austin seemed off, but Sienna didn't really ask him about it, because she didn't want to start an argument or anything. This show was the last show before they all went their separate ways. They would be home for a month or two before they went on tour with Crown The Empire. Since most of the drama happened with Austin and Alexis, Sienna knew it was a bad idea to explain to her father that she and Noah were back on talking terms.

Jeremy's voice pulled her out of her thoughts and she felt herself mumbling the lyrics along with him, even though she had just recently begun to like the band.

"I can't believe you got the best of me. I can't believe I trusted every word you said. Stretched myself out way too far. Now I can see you for who you are. I can't believe you got the best of me. I can't believe I trusted every word you said. It's all finally making sense. You took what's left of my innocence. Oh no, I can't believe you got the best of me."  Jeremy head-banged and Sienna found herself nodding along as well.

Austin was also bobbing his head too, saying the words under his breath, but Sienna was very aware that they were both interpreting the words differently.

Austin was, undoubtedly, cursing Alexis' name in his head. Maybe even his own name for messing such a great thing up. Sienna was cursing Avery's name in her head, but the tone was bittersweet when she thought about her most recent heartache.

"So I'm done, cause things could never be the same." Jeremy shouted into the mic.

"This is the last time, this is the last time you'll ever burden me." The crowd responded before screaming loudly as the pyro went off, shooting flames around the corners of the stage.

Sienna finally summed up the courage to look up at her father and give him a weak smile. He looked weary, but he immediately returned the gesture.

"I can't believe I trusted every word you said. It's all finally making sense, you took what's left of my innocence. Oh no, I can't believe you got the best of me. I can't believe you got the best of me." Sienna took this as a moment as good as ever.

"I decided to give Noah another chance." Sienna said to Austin, her mood a little worrisome. Austin glanced down at her, his eyebrows raised.

"You did?" He sounded surprised. Sienna nodded and bit her lip, her eyes wandering to the floor, then to search her father's face.

"Yeah." Sienna smiled tiredly up at him. "Do you think it was a good idea?"

Austin looked deeply conflicted, but he merely smiled down at her, giving her a wink. "Sure. Everyone ships Sinnoah anyway."

Sienna got embarrassed and she wrung her hands slightly, nervous to say anything else. "I'm gonna...I have to go to the green room." Sienna muttered. "Headache."