.::Chapter 51

[@cupcake_frerard: This is seriously one of my favorite lashtons I squeal a little every time there is an update]

Irwin side ~ 'the one who can no longer deny it'

"He's your boyfriend?!" Amanda gasped loudly, stomping her way into the kitchen on Monday morning. She was styling her usual mop of hair, so half of it was beautifully curly while the other kept reminding me of a shaggy pup. "Mom, did I just hear right?!"

Our mother kept her hands over her mouth. Eagerly waiting for her children to beg for more information on her 'big announcement'. "Yes...We wanted to keep it a secret for a few more weeks because it might of been too soon, but we figured...There's no way we can push our children to the side when it comes to these sorts of situations, could we? So, we decided for all of us to have dinner next weekend!"

Luke #2 kept staring at me from the ground, he was sitting straight, his fluffy tail wagging ten thousand times per second as he whined for a piece of my breakfast bacon. Something about his blue eyes hypnotised me, just like the real Luke's; I threw him a tiny piece and then focused on my mother's story. "Wait a minute...'our' children?"

There was no way the strange man my mother met at an airport and started dating practically right after was talking about Amanda and I; she even said so. "He has two kids of his own, you see, one girl and one boy. His ex-wife ran away and took most of his hard earned money after the divorce."

"Haven't we heard this story before?" My sister jokingly crossed her arms, wanting to laugh about the past; Where our father placed the exact same card on my mother's table the week after their divorce. He took his car, only some of his money and left town.

The police tried to track him down for weeks, it only took that much time for our mother to give up on his search and become a responsible woman for her kids, anyway.

"We have so much in common," she mentioned about the man she was now dating, "He's great, normally I wouldn't even think about relationships...With work, bills and two teenagers...My life couldn't possibly be turned around just by meeting a man at some airport...But who knows? Am I right?"

She only giggled half heartedly. The other part of her happiness was probably secured and locked away from her kids. I wouldn't blame anybody else but that man who I once used to call 'daddy' as a toddler.

I don't remember much about my father, I know Amanda doesn't either...We stopped asking about him when our mother once told us he found another family, so maybe she knows what exactly happened to this man. Nevertheless, I was still glad she met somebody else, there was no way I couldn't be, she deserved a proper relationship after years of focusing on her children.

It's why I had to give her an assuring smile. "I'm up for meeting this guy whenever...If you two hit it off pretty well, I'm sure Mandy and I can get to like him too, or something."

〜 "Mom getting married sounds great, doesn't it?" My sister happily asked on our way to school. It seemed like forever since the two of us actually walked there, we either got rides from our friends or took the bus, but you had to wake up earlier than usual for that. "I know I'm already thinking ahead, but what if it does happen? What if we meet this man and he's super sweet and honest, and we get along with him and his kids? We'll become a family! A mother, a father, two girls and two boys! Oh, and the dog, of course."

I kept my hands on my pockets and my sight on the pavement for a moment. "I guess so...But look, we're old enough to understand that strangers can't become 'family' overnight. I'm not saying it's impossible but if it does happen, it's going to take years. They just met."

"You never know, they could fall in love in a matter of weeks, by next month they could even be engaged." She insisted, "People can change so much when they meet the right person...For the better or worst..."