.::Chapter 15

Irwin side ~ 'the one who can't accept it'

On Monday morning, Ailyn called me over to her home for the first time. Where I met her weird father, her six chihuahuas and her obsession with John Christopher Depp.

"Calum...? Calum Hood...?" I was left a bit shocked with Ailyn's request the moment she finished asking for it. "You want to see Calum? Hood? My friend, Calー"

"Yes, him!" She snapped at me and finished with an exasperated sigh. "...Call him."

"He won't answer me." I shook my head but still took my phone out of my pocket to give it a try. It had been weeks since he believed I was dead. I haven't tried contacting him but I always wondered when he was going to start appreciating how much I've tried to be his friend again. "You know he hates me, right? I 'stole' you from him."

"Did he even liked me? We only talked once." She was the kind of girl that didn't believed a guy whenever he would compliment her. Hearing that she was once the object of Cal's affection just seemed like a load of crap to her.

But she didn't know him like I did. She had no idea that a simple 'Hi, you're cute' could make him gain a huge interest in any poor girl. Going as far as to follow her around and make up crazy scenarios in his head about how their wedding is going to be and all. "Oh, trust me, Ailyn...That's more than enough to make him crazy over you."

For a moment, she shyly covered her cheeks and stammered. "H-He's just too kind..."

While she was blushing like a maniac, I dialled Calum's cell and house number for about five minutes. It wasn't long until I gave up. "No answer, like I told you."

"Let me try leaving a message!" She stole my phone in a jiffy and answered the calling machine. "Calum?...It's me, Ailyn. Listen, can weー? Calum?!"

There was a pause; I couldn't believe that asshole wouldn't pick up unless he heard a girl's voice. I rolled my eyes, what else could I expect? In the time that she left her room to talk in private, I was staring at her One Direction cutouts.

"Creepy..." Besides pretty much having an altar to worship the five band members as her gods, there was a shelf with video games or movies on the corner of two walls. I went to take a peek at them. Big mistake.

If I had known better, I'd say she's more like Michael's catch than Calum's. The girl had loads of anime DVDs but they weren't just that, they were all about gay relationships.

"Oh, fuck..." I went through some of the covers in slight disgust. "She really is something..."

Before long, she was back. Her smile reappeared and my phone was held by both of her hands that were clutched by her chest. "Yes!! He agreed!!"

"Agreed to what?" I placed her Japanese cartoon porn back where I found it and asked. "You never told me why you wanted to see him."

"Right..." She sat back on her bed, which by the way the sheets were of Jack Sparrow, and then signalled me to sit next to her because she was about to explain the whole thing to me.

"Remember when I told you I was once too close with a girl in freshman year? And it caused all those rumors to start? May was that girl.

I was new in this city, I had no friends at all. I thought I was going to make a few on my first week of high school but it never happened. Girls just didn't liked me...I was too quiet or shy to even compliment someone and ask to sit by them at lunch. I was automatically labeled as a loser from the start.

Now, May...She was like a bully. I used to see her yell at others and thought that she was just so rude to people, I was scared of her. But...One day I was walking home from school when a couple of men tried to pick me up. It was gross, they were old and dirty and they wouldn't leave me alone. I yelled for help but only one person came to help me.