.::Chapter O2

[@NoviCandy: I like frickin love this story omf I just love it. One of my fave Lashton stories. like damn I love it so much.]

Hemmings side ~ 'the one who experienced love at first sight'

Do you believe in it? You know...'love at first sight'? It's cliche, right?

But, somehow...I can't help but wonder if it's an actual thing. Do people really lock gazes with a stranger and suddenly think, 'This is the only person I want to be with for the rest of my life.' ?

It makes no sense to start off like this...But I'm just going to contribute with the theory by adding a part of my personal experience...

It all started last year, on my high school graduation. I met her.

A beautiful girl with ruffled brown locks and breath-taking hazel eyes. She was the definition of picture-perfect to me.

Wearing a dark dress to compliment her petite and extremely slim figure, it was long enough to go down to her ankles. During the whole ceremony, she had her hands kept close to her chest.

It was like I said, 'love at first sight.' I didn't know exactly how that felt like, but if it meant that my throat would suddenly dry up and my palms become slightly sweaty, then that's what it was.

I had to talk to her. Even if she was a stranger who didn't saw me walk in that line of graduates, I had to talk to her.

To make her notice me, I remember flirting with almost every girl in her face. But she wouldn't even look at me.

"Come on, Ash, it's time to go!" I heard someone call behind me, just when I was about to give up and corner her or something.

She didn't talked back to the two guys, she only nodded once to them and glided past me. Her expression was bashful, like if she was really scared of gaining any sort of attention from anyone.

"Ash..." I repeated her name under my breath while she left my sight. Even part of her exposed back was beautiful.

I hated to think that I wasn't going to see her ever again, but during summer vacation, my faith played the role of Cupid...Quite badly, actually.

〜 "Lukey! Goodmorning!" As soon as I walked in front of the Irwin family's front door, it flew open and my girlfriend was standing there, with her arms spread wide. "What brings you here so early, today?"

If I hadn't texted her earlier, saying that I was gonna drop by to hang out for a while, it would of been scary as hell to see her to open that door before I even knocked.

But that was Amanda Irwin, she knew me well enough to estimate my every pace and everything. "Hey, babe, I just came to see how you were doing. Where's mom?"

Mrs. Irwin liked the way I called her my mother, rather than the typical single woman who expected nothing other than pure respect from a possible heart-breaking teenager dating her only daughter.

She ran out of the kitchen with a suitcase and a to-go cup of dark coffee, it seemed. "Hey, honey, I'm leaving now, I have a big meeting today! Ah, Luke, good morning! I didn't know you were going to come..."

She almost forgot about her job and paused everything in her tight schedule to greet me. "Hey, Mom, I'm sorry for dropping by so sudden..."

"No, no, it's fine...I just...If I knew about it any sooner I could of prepared some breakfast for you, kids...Err, you're going to have to excuse me this time..." She acted way more disappointed about it than I was. "Amanda, make something for Luke, don't just stand there!"