.::Chapter 34

[@AmazingAshton: I LOVE THIS BOOK! I have read many lashton fanfics but whoa this one is the best!!]

Hemmings side ~ 'the one who is left torn'

May Danielle Clifford may be a sociopath, a fiendish girl that loves to see others cringe in pain, begging on their knees for something only she can do, laughs very sadistically whenever we watch scary movies together and someone gets murdered while their fake blood spills everywhere.

She may be cold-hearted, hates sweet people and has sudden outbursts that cause her to hurt whoever is more than a meter close to her but she's still my roommate, my best friend.

I'd never let Michael take her away just like that. That's why I warned him to stay out when we parted from the rest in the hospital. "I don't give a shit if you're her brother. We both know you two won't be able to get along for more than two days."

We stood in front of the elevators, he kept walking all this time, ignoring my threats. The back of his red and black flannel had the word 'IDIOT' written on it with white paint or something, I didn't give a shit if it was some kind of reference to the Green Day nation, that fit him perfectly because he was a fucking idiot.

"Luke..." He finally directed words to me, his pale hand reached to grab my shoulder but I dodged it. "Okay, then...I'm guessing someone is still mad at me."

"Why do you keep being such an ass? We stopped being friends ages ago, I understand that. I don't mess with you so why the fuck do you have to make my life a living hell?!"

"I'm not." As soon as he lied about it, the elevator opened and a few people walked out, leaving it empty. "Are you planning to escort me?"

I rolled my eyes, entering the same platform as him and waiting for the silver doors to close so I could try to talk to him again. "You're taking May away because you know she lives with me, right? If soー"

"Lucasshole." He smiled at the ground before facing me. "I'm not doing it because of that, and yes. Do you really think I'm stupid? I knew that even before she admitted it earlier today. I'm taking her because she's my sister and I fucking can."

"Well not if I can stop it." Every single time he would open his mouth, I wanted to punch him. I couldn't believe I was once friends with Michael, he really changed...He wasn't this crappy.

"What I don't understand is...Why do you keep 'protecting' her when you don't even like her? You like Ashton, right? So shouldn't you be more worried about that picture than Dani's health?"

I was about to ask who the fuck was 'Dani', but had forgotten that was May's old nickname since we were kids. It's part of the reason I didn't know she was related to Michael later on, I was used to his family referring to her as 'Dani.'

"I care for her as a friend. Really, can't you understand? And about Ash...You're starting to piss me off, you better not hurt him." I could even feel the heat of hatred burning in my blood. He was such a bad friend to Ashton, how could he live and not feel one ounce of sympathy for the poor guy?

He lived more than half his senior year being mistreated by others, people bullied him vigorously and him, being his 'best friend'...Couldn't he stick around during that time? Was I the only one that noticed how unhappy Ashton was back then?

"I'm hurt." He pouted falsely, "I'm really hurt...Lukey had to grow up and forget all about me, now he's crushing on Ashy...I'm so hurt."

"What?!" The elevator had finally came to a stop, a few people entered while he got out and I felt the need to go after him. "What the fuck are you talking about?!"