.::Chapter 36

[@FineLukey: I just wanna say I'm in love with this book and I get so happy everytime you update]

Hemmings side ~ 'the one that is over-whelmed'

Mondays are usually a drag to me, I honestly hated going to work early in the morning. Though, with all the days off I've been begging my boss to give me, it was something inescapable. I had to wake up and get ready no matter what.

I had another dream that involved Michael, it didn't piss me off like last time, but it was still weird to see him while I slept, it only meant I had been thinking too much about our kiss, I couldn't focus on anything else.

"Hi, Luke." Corinne was a doll and made breakfast for me that day, so what if it was simple Nutella on toast and a glass of cold milk, I was still grateful. "It looks like it might rain today."

I took a peek at the window and raised an eyebrow, the sky looked as clear as any other sunny morning. "Are you sure about that, weather girl?"

"I was up all night setting up traps for Ashton, I had to watch the early news to keep me awake and saw the chances of humidity being oddly high later this afternoon." Taking a bite of her own breakfast, she tapped her foot on the floor and threw a piece of bread on the ground.

"Hey!"

"Relax, it's only bait for Ashton." Since the rodent couldn't be found the other night, she just felt the need to place food everywhere on my kitchen. "Poor little guy...He's probably starving right now."

"Or he's dead." I scared her for just a moment, "Try not to leave the door open or else it might really get lost. If all fails in five days, we're telling May the truth."

"Does she get out in five days?" She eagerly inquired. "I'm so glad!"

Nodding for a brief second, I explained. "But she's only coming to pack up...Michael is taking her to live with him."

Her expression completely changed, from excited to gloomy. "Mikey is so mean...But sooooo hot..."

I rolled my eyes, standing up to grab my phone, that was charging on the nearest counter, and checking the screen to see a couple of messages from Ash. "I'm going now, can I trust you with Aunt Jane?"

"You can trust me with anything and anyone!"

"That's probably what you told May last night and now her hamster is gone." I stuck out my tongue just to annoy her. "Don't lose Aunt Jane, too."

"Shut it, dork!" The nickname my roommate used to always say was now Corinne's, it appeared. "I won't! Bye, have fun!"

〜 "Who has fun at work, exactly?" I asked myself, stopping at a gas station to fill my car's tank before my shift started. "At least I'm not going to be late..."

Sighing, I finally checked the two texts I had gotten from Ashton and read them in my mind.

Babe: Luke, we have to talk.

Babe: Meet me by the park at 7pm tonight. This is really important, please be there.

Since he was so well-mannered and we made up after that confession about Michael, I had the feeling they couldn't possibly be bad news. He and I were fine, I kept telling myself the same thing May and I promised each other the day she was hospitalized.

'Nothing bad is going to happen anymore. Just good things. After each storm comes a rainbow, Luke.'

Surpassing the icky 'what ifs' roaming in my head, I finally managed to clock in at my favorite music shop and made it on time, for once in my life. "Good morning to you, all!"