.::Chapter 44

[@brookparisships: By far the best Fanfiction I've ever read its amazing your writings incredible]

{Special} Clifford side ~ 'the one who wants him back'

Luke and I used to be great friends for years, my mother always told me that when the two of us got older, his kids were going to start calling me 'uncle Michael' like how mine would address him as 'uncle Luke'...

Although the mere thought of that ever happening made me smile at her, there was always a section of me that wouldn't allow me to picture myself as an uncle...At least, not with his children. I didn't want Luke to have kids at all, actually.

Confusion at its finest, when I was an innocent boy I would take a glance at Luke Hemmings, the chubby kid in class with droopy blonde hair and think... 'He's my best friend, the only guy I want to be with for the rest of my years.'

He cried a lot but always had the cutest expression on his face when he did. There were plenty of issues an emotional kid like Luke couldn't cope with at that time, at least not alone. Family problems, bullying...Things that someone can't notice how bad they will affect a person when they're mixed altogether.

His brothers were there for him, but they focused on their parents' arguments more than they did on poor little Luke. They would ask if he was alright, he would respond by lying, saying 'yeah' when his glossy blue eyes begged to differ.

"You're my only friend, Mikey..." He would say on random occasions. The first time he admitted it, we were inside his room and I was trying to gain every single Pokemon on his DS game since he never played it. "I think you're the only one I need, though..."

I paused the screen on the small console to look at him in the eye. I wanted to say something like, 'Are you serious, man? You could have thousands of friends if you just went out there and tried.'

Instead, I felt my chest tightening to his words and agreed with him right away, bobbing my head. "I am...Because you will never find someone that likes you as much as I do."

You know how that works, when your best friend is suffering and it pains you as well because you want to help. Yet, you don't exactly know how. You get frustrated, it begins with anger towards yourself for not coming up with a good idea or advice for them. Then, somehow it ends with desperate attempts to make them stop crying with random affection.
It could mean holding their hand. It could mean a simple hug or sometimes it could even mean a kiss.

I would do that with Luke whenever he was sad, or when he felt lonely and would boldly ask me to...Little by little, I started corrupting the two of us with the crazy thought that it was alright for us to make out even when we weren't sure how we felt towards each other, back then.

To me, Luke was my friend. A great one, if I may add. Someone I just wanted to make happy twenty-four seven. He deserved it, he was a sweet boy who wasn't sure what life had in store for him.

I used to think that was all. That was as far as I'd ever go with Luke, liking him as a friend or person in general.

〜 As time followed, the two of us rarely saw each other thanks to the distance my family and I received in exchange for moving to another place. During that time, I met more people I could call my 'friends' easily. I knew my way around the new neighbourhood after a week and started spending my free time meeting up with girls, focusing on my art or skateboarding around the school until sundown.

I stopped visiting Luke for a while, it was only natural we'd stop texting, too. I admit, I thought that was the end of our friendship since we didn't hear from each other for a long period of time until he skipped his educational brackets one Friday morning to meet me outside my school. "Mikey, hi!"