.::Chapter 45

[@mgcthood: THIS STORY GOT ME ALL FVCKED UP BUT I THINK ITS WORTH IT]

Irwin side ~ 'the one who wishes to be reliable'

Calum and I ended up not going back into the ballroom my great uncle had rented for his wedding anniversary. We stayed out in the lot, just talking for a generous amount of time. We reminisced and laughed, forgetting about the issue regarding my sister's happiness.

"Now that the secret is out, at least with me, is it alright if I ask you something?" My friend nudged my arm as the two of us walked away from the algid car park after an hour or two of being there. "Am I attractive?"

I almost froze right on the spot thanks to his sudden and lunkheaded query. "What? Why are you asking me this?"

"Come on, Ash, you can tell me. I won't say anything weird, but did you ever found me hot or something?"

Was he being serious? It wasn't the question itself that bothered me, it was the fact that he, along with everyone else that finds out about my indescribable feelings for Luke, will start to view me differently and ask stupid things like that. "Why does it matter?"

"It's not like I have a crush on you or anything," he gladly erased those thoughts out of my head. "It's just...Apparently you and your sister share the same taste. So, if you think I'm attractive then...Maybe she finds me good looking, too?"

I really didn't had to lie to him, I mean, given the circumstances that he was loyal and a trustworthy person, overall, I couldn't find myself saying he was attractive. Not only because it was weird enough to even think about him in that way, but if he, even accidentally, dares to mention this to Luke...

Let's just say I rather not think about what was in store for me.

"I hear something." Cal tapped on my shoulder when the two of us stood right outside the entrance and were about to speak to the security guards. "Is it your phone or mine?"

I hadn't even noticed my cell was ringing. Wondering if it was Luke, I quickly grabbed the device out of my pocket but the name and number on the screen belonged to my little sister. "Amanda..."

"Oh yeah, she's inside, isn't she?" My friend perked up, showing a tad of enthusiasm to hear from her. "Don't worry, I won't say a word. That's your job, plus I don't think she wants me around...I think I'm grossing her out."

"She never liked being chased. The more attention she gets, the more she will get freaked out." I shrugged, answering my phone right after smacking some reality into him. "Hey."

"Ash, have you seen Luke? He's not here..." I couldn't understand what else she mentioned since the orchestra inside was still playing as loud as a rock concert. "Hey...Do you think he went home?"

"Im not sure. If I see him around, I'll let you know..." Of course I wasn't going to actually do that, so I felt a stitch of guilt from lying to my only sibling. "A-Anyway, are you enjoying the party?"

"I thought I would...But it just isn't the same without him." She sounded genuinely sad because of that minor condition. "Please call me if you bump into him, alright? He and I need to talk about something..."

"What did he do?!" I quickly asked, "I...I mean...He didn't hurt you or said anything stupid, did he?"

Because if he did, I'll make sure he expresses the right amount of regret, I forgot to mention.

"No...Its nothing like that. I promise, everything is fine...But, yeah, call me if anything. See 'ya." She kind of just left me wondering what had happened between the two of them as soon as she ended the call.