.::Chapter 27

[@lashtonx5sos: every time my phone says a wattpad update I hope that it's this one and I squeal with excitement when it is..oops!]

Irwin side ~ 'the one who says it back'

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Amanda asked me one last time as she entered my bedroom and watched me change my shirt at least to make myself look more decent. "Please stay and rest...Don't go."

"Its okay, I feel better." I wasn't lying completely. I might of felt tired after I fainted, but that was as far as my physical wellness went, I was mentally dying, though. Luke was going to tell me something terrible, I just knew it.

It still didn't mean I could show how mortified I was to my twin sister. She studied me up and down, not believing a word I was saying. "Promise me you'll be back soon..."

"I promise. You guys can make yourselves at home." I waved goodbye to my two friends as I walked out with my cell phone and house keys. Ailyn and Calum were sitting on the couch, fighting over the TV remote. "I'll be right back, Luke is taking me to the doctor."

Cal was starting to question where I was truly going, because it was weird that I said 'no' to calling anyone in the medical field with them, yet accepted the 'offer' Luke gave me about 'giving me a ride to the hospital.' "It just seems kinda suspicious..."

"Your Asian face is suspicious." Ailyn started messing around, poking his cheeks so he could focus on fighting with her, instead.

"Stop doing that!"

Amanda giggled at them while carrying Luke #2 up to her chest. "Can you at least kiss Lukey 'goodbye'?"

This was just great, it was enough that the dog reminded me of the real Luke, the only thing he was missing was a voice so he could tell me to kiss him all the time. But since that wasn't possible, my sister had to speak for him. Didn't she?

"I'm not kissing that thing."

"Okay, then let him kiss you." She urged me, putting him real close to my cheek. "C'mon, Luke, kiー"

She didn't even have to finish that order, he licked me with such intensity, even his tail wagged hard enough to hit Amanda's face. That was the only reason why she put him down. "Ew, doggy butt!"

"Amanda, come sit next to meー I mean, us. Next to us. Ailyn and me..." I heard Calum trying to sound cool. I quickly left the house before Luke #2 would notice. Otherwise he wouldn't stop crying like how he does every night outside my room until I let him in.

〜 Walking a couple of streets away, I kept glancing back every so often to make sure no one was following me. The atmosphere was getting colder and darker, it was almost eight pm and my mother usually came back around nine thirty. Which only meant I had an hour and a half to talk with Luke.

"It's going to be less, he's just going to tell me he found someone better." I told myself, searching for his car in the dusky lighting. I saw a person standing near one that looked like it. "Oh, I think that's...Him?"

His hair wasn't styled in a quiff, it was pulled back and secured by the beanie he was wearing. I've never seen him like that before, even when I stayed over his apartment, he would go in the shower and come out of the bathroom with it already dried and styled.

He changed just a little detail about himself and...It made me feel all strange and funny. "Hey..."

He was on his phone, not noticing me until I spoke out to him. "Hey..."

Awkward silence.

He kept texting for at least another minute before locking his phone and placing it on his back pocket. "Where's my hug?"