.::Chapter 48

[@maliksuns: I AM HEHEJWJSJSJAKOSKD THE THINGS YOU WRITE SHOULD BE FOOKIN ILLEGAL LIKE YOU MAKE ME FEEEEEL THINGS ANJSJDJDKD]

Hemmings side ~ 'the one with the best intentions'

Ashton had such a priceless, endeared mien after hearing my thoughts. His eyes were more green than usual, the two dimples on his cheeks were incredibly adorable, as well as his irresistible grin.

"A future with me?" It's not like he found it hilarious, he later explained he was just being bashful since I could be too straight-forward sometimes. Thanks to that, he laughed. "How would that be?"

Shrugging, I let my mind wander off. "We can live together, share the same bed...Every time I can, I'd make sure to wake up earlier than you, just so I could prepare your favorite breakfast and serve it to you in bed. We could be like a just-married couple, every day...

We can get a dog or a cat, whatever you want. Oh, and we'll be away from others...If you're scared of being judged by your family and friends, we can go somewhere else. I won't let that stop us. If you're afraid, I'll protectー"

"I don't fear that anymore, Luke." He cut me off with an unexpected declaration. "I just want my sister to know the truth...But I don't have the freaking balls to say it, yet."

"It's okay, we'll work through that too, together." Assuring him verbally didn't seem to be enough, all I got was a nod and an averted gaze, from me to the ground.

I clicked my tongue at him, then cupped his warm cheeks with my cold hands. I was outside the whole time, hiding like a damn psycho around the apartments just so I could see whether or not he caught the letters in the specific order. "Ashton, let's not worry about that right now, okay? Amanda isn't here. No one is here, but you and me..."

He directed his attention to me again, but he didn't look as happy as I wanted him to be. "Luke, can I tell you something?"

"Anything."

"I...I l-love..." It wasn't hard to tell when he was being forceful on himself or not. He always stuttered, "I love...I love your voice."

"My voice?" I repeated, amused by his shyness that was painfully targeting and throwing invisible arrows right to my heart.

"Yeah, it's narcotic to me...I don't know. Whenever I'm sad or somethin', you always know what to say and you speak very gently...Its hard to explain..." He shook his head, gesturing me with fluttering eyes to forget about it. "You must think it's stupid...But, yeah. I love your voice."

"Ouch, my chest." I overreacted, placing one of my hands over my quickening pulse and hissing at the actual pain he was causing. "Ashton, you're dangerous. You make me fall harder for you with every passing second."

"You're such an idiot," he lightly punched me in the shoulder to hide his embarrassment, like he always does.

〜 We had dinner, it wasn't anything fancy. More like, it wasn't sophisticated at all. We ordered pizza but it wasn't easy finding a place that delivered twenty-four hours straight because I was feeling lazy and didn't want to drive anywhere for take-out food.

"Stop leaving the crusts, Luke!" Ashton kept chastising me for my lack of table manners, he lightly kicked my foot under the table with his for the fifth time. "And chew with your mouth closed! It's disgusting just watching you eat."

"Well, maybe you shouldn't watch. Turn around, it's my house, I get to eat however I want." I nudged him back, grabbing another slice of sausage-pepperoni pizza just to mess with him. I didn't finish the last one and left it half-eaten, I knew he was going to throw some kind of sassy tantrum. "Mmm, I might finish this whole box by myself."