.::Chapter 24

[@CheetahxX: I love this book I fangirl every time you update and when I first started this book I couldn't stop reading it love the story and if u ever end this book I'll go in a corner and cry]

Hemmings side ~ 'the one who seeks help'

I took an unexpected nap after I came back from my small four hour shift. Though, let me tell you...It's not a nice feeling when you open your eyes and see May Clifford sitting on the edge of your bed, her piercing cold eyes staring at you. I held on to my pillow and used it to protect myself. "D-Don't kill me..."

"What the fuck are you talking about? Dork." She scoffed at me and then stood up to lightly slap my face. "I need your help. What's the best thing I could give Ailyn for an anniversary present?"

"A whole factory of lattes." I responded without even thinking seriously about it, which was bad because I couldn't be sarcastic with May, she would kill me. Again, I covered my face with the pillow and pleaded her not to.

"Come with me to the mall and help me buy her something." She didn't asked or stated, she threatened. She held Pengy with one hand and her pocket knife(seriously, she shouldn't be allowed to carry those things) with the other. "If not, your penguin gets it."

"Okay, okay. I'll go with you, so just put him down." Ash told me he was going to be busy and didn't need me to pick him up for lunch or after school, anyway. I was a little disappointed because for the past two weeks, it had just been the two of us inside my car; talking and cruising around in boredom. A make out session here and there but we wouldn't do anymore than that.

It felt nice just spending time with him, so that Friday felt...A little different. Still, I roused from my bed and offered to make something to eat before leaving, just because lately, May had been skipping meals for some reason and it scared me. If something were to happen to that girl and on my watch, Michael would kill me, too.

〜 She was inside her room the whole time, I had to call her out like a mother. "If you don't come out, I'm feeding this to the dog!"

Immediately, I heard footsteps from the aisle but instead of coming closer, they went even further. Weirded out by this, I took a glance at the front door and saw her tying up her reddish hair. "We don't have a dog."

"I'll buy one just to prove a point." Shrugging, I raised an eyebrow as she grabbed my leather jacket and placed it over her grey, no, my grey shirt. "Stop wearing my clothes!"

"Shut up, I'll be back in less than a minute. You better have my plate on the table or else." With that, she went out.

My arms were still crossed, I started thinking that if May and I were ever in a relationship, I would be the submissive one. Realizing that it's unattractive, I took off the stupid pink apron I was wearing for some unexplainableーand very manlyーreason and stepped on it in anger. "I think I know how Ash feels..."

"Lucas!" May suddenly showed up again, slamming the front door shut and smiling wide. "Look! I have a new pet!"

She was holding a clear plastic pet carrier with a purple lid. Curiosity took me over as I walked close to it and tried to guess what kind of animal would suit the girl's taste. "What is it? A snake? Tarantula?"

"It's a hamster, you idiot." With a flat tone, she sighed at me. "Here, hold out your hand! Look at him, he's so cute!"

Her hands were cupped, I figured she had the critter in her hand since I didn't see anything in the cage but aspen bedding. "Uh, okay...Does it bite?"

"Nope." She gladly let him crawl out of her tiny hands and into my larger ones. It was a fluffy light brown ball of fuss. Even I smiled because it was so adorable...until the thing attacked my finger when I tried stroking his back.