.::Chapter 28

[@Just_Stay_CALM: I absolutely love this story so much! Seriously when you update you like make my day.]

Hemmings side ~ 'the one who can't get involved'

"Oh, Lukey, I'm so glad you're home! Be a dear and go fetch me my shirt. It truly is so hot in here." Aunt Jane was fanning herself with the newspaper from this morning when I came back.

I wanted Ashton and I to spend more time together at the beach, but he got a text from his sister not long ago stating that the latte-lover and Calum kept fighting over random things and she couldn't control them. Stupid me should of asked about that 'party' May mentioned earlier, but I wasn't thinking.

So I had entered my apartment, feeling happy that he and I were in good terms again, only to be greeted by my pregnant aunt who wore nothing but her bra and yoga pants. "Luke...Where were you?! You left me all alone and helpless..."

Alone? "Where's Corinne?"

"I'm not sure, she and that pale-skinned girl were here before I went to the bathroom to change for my yoga workout and when I came out, they were gone." What kind of mother could say that in such a calm tone? I'd freak out if a person like May took my kid without notice to some unknown place. Though, it wasn't a real mystery for me, I had an idea of where they went.

I left the keys to my car on the table, I didn't had a lot of gas left and Ashton's home wasn't far, then handed my aunt her over sized shirt so she could work out properly. "I'll be right back, promise."

"Luke, please!" She stopped me, sounding more concerned about Corinne all of a sudden. At least, I thought so. "...Bring me some nachos and a large soda. No, two tray of nachos, one with extra cheese and another one with hardly any."

Taking care of a pregnant woman and a rebellious child must of been the real reason why that man from America sent Aunt Jane and Corinne over to us. Over to me, since my parents said to be busy for two weeks and could only take them in for half of the month.

I agreed, two weeks didn't sound as bad as four, and that meant I wouldn't have to actually panic over Aunt Jane giving birth in my bathroom one day when I'm not there. It was a good deal, all she did so far was stay home and ask for food, anyway. But my little cousin...I could tell she was going to be a hassle if she kept hanging around my roommate.

〜 "Luke?" I wasn't expecting Corinne to answer the door right away, but part of me was glad that she did, it made it easier for me to get her out of there. "What are youー?"

"We're going home."

I grabbed her wrist and pulled her out, but she held on to the side of the wall and ignored me. "No! I don't want to! No!"

From all the noise she was making, Ashton's yap machine of a dog started barking and biting my shoes so I could leave his property. Amanda ran out of the house, trying to stop it. "Luke, calm down!"

Luke?!

I let go off my cousin to back away. Was I hearing right? Did she just called that dog 'Luke'?

I was left startled until Ashton also walked towards us and talked to my little cousin. "I told you it was going to be a problem if I let you stay."

Corinne visibly frowned, hugging him out of nowhere to press her face against his chest. "But I don't want to leave! I want to stay here tonight, please? Lukey, pretty please?"

"Yeah, dork. If she wants to stay, then let her. I'll take care of her." May appeared behind them, alongside her girlfriend and even Calum took a peek at what was going on.