.::Chapter 39

[@MashtonsGirl: THIS IS ONE OF MY TOP 4 FAVE LASHTON FANFICS I NEVER WANT IT TO END UNLESS IT TURNS INTO A SERIES]

Irwin side ~ 'the one who tries to help'

It's really difficult to stay mad at Luke Hemmings. He was like a sour patch piece of candy, he does something completely incoherent and then says 'sorry' when he starts feeling guilty. The moment he expressed his regret for what I had done the night of our fall-out, I had the urge to hold him.

"You're not mad at me?" He sounded like some kind of punished kid, it made me laugh. "Well...Judging by your cute chuckles, you're not."

Pretending like I couldn't hear his compliment, I backed away. "I'm not mad. I mean, at first I was because you left after I said I liked you...But I guess I can understand why you didn't want to stay."

"I was just expecting to hear something else... Is it really hard for you to say those words?" Unlike the last time the two of us talked, he was disappointed at me. It's not like he told me straight-forwardly, 'Im disappointed in you, babe.' But...He was acting a little off character. "I won't rush you anymore...Its fine. I'm fine with you saying you 'like' me. It's enough, for now..."

I wanted to say the word 'love'...But it wasn't the right time. I never had the slightest idea of when it was. Thanks to that, I only changed the topic. "Well, I'm really sorry for breaking your phone like that..."

"Don't worry about it. I got a new one today, see?" Pulling the newest version of that brand out of his pocket, he showed it off. "The other one was getting too old, anyway. Oh, but since I didn't have anything backed up, I'm gonna need your number again."

I tossed him my crappy phone so he could copy it himself, once he finished he asked me to smile. "What for?"

"Just do it. I want to have a photo for your contact." He aimed the electronic right on my face, but he didn't mention the thing had the flash turned on. "One...two..."

The bright light almost left me blind, I covered my eyes with one hand and pushed his phone away with the other. "Ah, that hurt..."

"Sorry, but look..." He took my own again to dial his new number so he could show me the screen a while later. "You look so cute."

I had to blink a lot of times to gain my vision back, the photo he just took was the background of 'my' call. 'Babe is calling you...' Could be read, as well.

"I'm not gonna answer because I'm with you right now, so..." He denied it even though he was the one who did it, then locked his brand new device. "If you ever call me and I take a while to pick up, it's because I'll be smiling wide at your picture, now..."

"Sure, whatever..." I snickered, slightly worried since that thing must of cost him a lot of money, "So how much do I owe you?"

"A kiss, perhaps..." He bit onto his lip piercing and leaned forward. "Or maybe two..."

I closed my eyes, the last time we shared one of those was when he dropped me off home after that cancelled date. He told me about his childhood with Michael...But we didn't really kissed since he backed away, stating that my lips 'felt cold.'

But that was a little more than a week ago, we couldn't hide our longed affection and slowly began to make out without a problem.

As usual, he put enough pressure for me to fall on to my bed, letting him be on top. "Can we have a quickie?"

"Hell no." Protesting but at the same time laughing since he started breathing on the crook of my neck, I kept my composure. "My family is out there."