.::Chapter 37

[@fratboyhemmo: favorite lashton story ever, i love you omg]

Irwin side ~ 'the one that puts others before himself'

Luke naturally pushed me, infuriated by what I had just done. Nobody could blame him, either, I ruined a perfectly good iPhone that he probably bought with his own hard-earned money. "What the fuck was that for, Ashton?!"

"I just..." Sighed, taking a step away from him, who picked up the pieces and figured out he couldn't pay a professional to fix it. The damage was badly enough that he had to get a new cell thanks to me. "I'm sorry...I got mad."

"So you decide to break my phone?!" His timbre was still very fuming, I couldn't cope with it using my own. Mine wasn't as serious. "Honestly, you're not making any sense!"

"I already said sorry! I'll pay for it if that's what's bothering you, damn!"

We had a fall-out right away, he started by telling me that wasn't the issue, "You say you don't care if I go back to your sister but decide to break my phone when I tried to ask her out again. Whyー?!"

"Well, maybe I hate you so much I don't want her to get involved with you, either!" Blurting out lies every time I wanted to do the opposite was making me even more wrathful. Seriously, I couldn't understand why I said the complete negative part of what I try to mean. "I don't want a-anyone to suffer..."

"So, you think having me as a boyfriend is like a punishment? No one deserves to be with me, is what you're trying to say?"

No, that wasn't it. I wanted to say that the only person who should put up with him is me, but my brain just liked twisting this poor fool's words as I kept speaking. "What I'm trying to say, Luke, is...I don't...M-Maybe I don't hate you..."

His expression softened, at least. But he still sternly asked me. "If you don't hate me...Then what?"

Then it's obvious, wasn't it?

I took a deep breath in preparation to admit the words I've been trying to tell Luke for some time, now. At first, the simple thought of me ever saying it to someone other than the person I planned to marry or my mother was insane, let alone...the guy I was contemplating to say them to was none other than Luke Hemmings.

The same guy my sister was trying to get back with. "I...I l-like you..."

No sound came out of him, he directed his gaze at the drizzling sky before asking, "...Is that it?"

Part of me was expecting things to be over after I said that. But Luke wasn't buying it...He might of taken those words lightly but it took me a lot of guts to even repeat them. "I like you, Luke."

Again, nothing in response. Not a hug, not a chuckle, not a single smile.

"Isn't that what you wanted to hear? Luke, I like you. I really do."

I was about to say it a hundred more times, but he shook his head to make me stop. "You know what, Ashton? It's getting late...I'll see you some day or whatever..."

With that lame goodbye, he left me alone on that cold night. I didn't chased after him or anything, my pride wouldn't allow me to do that for anyone. But I was still pretty pissed off...

I had said the words he wanted to hear, that should of been enough to stop him... Wasn't it? Why did he left?

〜 As days passed by, I still wondered what I did wrong... It was Saturday afternoon, I didn't want to worry about school during weekends, but Ailyn had set up a study-date at her place for us to at least dedicate an hour on homework and the rest of the day on Luke.