.::Chapter O1

[@Musicalme1998: When someone asks you to define LOVE you just say read my sister's boyfriend]

Irwin side ~ "the one who lives in solitude."

〜 Both, the moonlight and my laptop screen were the only things I needed to illuminate my obscure room in the middle of the night.

I scrolled through tumblr posts, trying to find something worth reading or reblogging.

For months, this was sadly the only thing I looked forward to at the very end of each day. It was sad to think about it, actually.

No longer were my weeks filled with after school activities, hanging out with friends or even the occasional 'movie dates' with girls who never came close to me again.

I'm not gross. Far from it. I'm just...Not a very talkative person, I guess. Or maybe I'm not boyfriend material. Who knows...

The point is, I've been living inside the safe bubble I had created for myself, the day after I lost my social life thanks to some stinking rumor that...Well, I liked men.

No, don't get me wrong. I have nothing against all of that, but trust me when I tell you this: I had never kissed a guy in my life.

I had never held hands with one, and never had I thought about going to second base.

Heck, I wasn't even ready to do that with a girl. So in truth, I was totally screwed since, thanks to my poor relationship history, I wasn't able to back up my identity as a straight male.

This caused somewhat of a problem between my friends and I. Calum and Michael were at first okay with me and even believed my side of the story.

I talked to a stranger online who happened to be a guy, next thing I knew, everyone in class started whispering about me having some sort of secret relationship with a forty year old man or something.

I don't know how the hell it started, and I don't care to meet the person who made the last year of my high school life a living hell.

Anyway, back to my 'friends', Michael and Calum had my back for the first few weeks of being bullied.

They would get my mind off things by coming over and just doing some stupid shit to make me laugh everyday. Such as, coming up with this prank war that ended with my house almost burnt to crisps.

Yeah, my mother didn't allowed them to come in after that. But they still would try to get me to go out and 'hang' by the skate park or something.

All to which disappeared a couple of months later, where the rumor added that all three of us had an orgy after class in the library.

Yeah, I know, right? What the fuck.

Who would even come up with such absurd things? No, who would even believe crap like that so easily?! Stupid high school kids, that's who.

So, yeah, after that...My two closest friends slowly began to fade into a couple of distant memories inside my head.

It was sad...I honestly believed that they were the kind to stick around me no matter the circumstances. After all, the three of us grew up together. Shouldn't they know better than that?

Well, I cannot blame them. Even I would be suspicious of myself if I knew how many girlfriends I had in the past, and how far I went with each of them.

My last real girlfriend was when I was fourteen. So, there goes four years of plain singleness that created a strong scent for bullies to target me.

"Well, then...My eyes hurt..." I rubbed my lids with my fists a couple of times and declared. The time was exactly three o'seven in the morning.

Just when I was about to log out of my facebook, which now consisted of only my family members and a couple of classmates who never gave me the 'evil eye' in school, an instant message box popped into my screen and startled me.

Luke Hemmings: Sup, shorty? Can't sleep?

Oh, it was only him. The guy who lives a couple of streets away and had been dating my little sister, Amanda, for a couple of months.

I wouldn't exactly say 'couple', either. They were almost going to turn one year together. Everytime I think about how happy my sister is when she's with him, I...

I can't help but feel relieved that she ended up with a faithful guy and yet, at the same time, I feel slightly jealous that she manages to be dating material while I'm still...

Alone.

Thinking about that, my fingers unconsciously began to type a reply to the guy I had talked to a couple of times of all the time he had been dating Amanda.

Ashton Irwin: I was just about to log off, and I am literally one inch shorter than you, what a difference.

Luke Hemmings: hey, one inch makes a LOT of difference. want me to show you? ;)

This guy... Always pretending like it's fun to tease me because of that rumor, it's disgusting.

Ashton Irwin: Goodnight, Luke.

Luke Hemmings: Aw, come on, don't be like that. I was only playing around, haha. You're just fun to mess around with, but I'm sorry, alright?

Ashton Irwin: I don't need your apologies. But either way, goodnight. I am tired and I need to get some rest.

Luke Hemmings: Alright, fine but if by six am you're still asleep, I'm going to have to sneak into your room and splash you with cold water. Remember that.

I wanted to reply to him, maybe even dare him to, then warn him about how I wouldn't have mercy if he does do something that stupid.

But that just meant he was going to keep messaging me, and I wouldn't be able to get out of the conversation because of how persistent he was.

I guess, I was just afraid of being his friend. Luke was a nice guy, after all. I mean, despite his whole 'bad boy' attitude towards life and that skater look of his, he was a good match for Amanda.

Those two, they couldn't keep their hands off each other. I don't mean for it to sound dirty or anything, but she would always hold his hand in public, no matter where they are at or who is there. They had that sort of cute relationship based on light public affection.

Besides being close to my sister, he was also a catch in my mother's eyes. As a single woman who was left by her husband when her kids were only a few years old, she gained the evil mindset towards almost every man roaming in this planet.

And somehow, Luke coped with all her strict orders in the beginning of the relationship and now has her basically eating from his hand.

He was that good of a guy, with so much charisma that he could make a whole stadium of people fall in love with him. That's how charming one set him to be.

But behind that mask, behind the perfect bad-boy-but-with-a-sensative-side act hid a mystery.

To me, it was safer to stay away from him. It wasn't easy since he always brought up subjects that he knew would interest me, in a hope that he could also win me over and give him permission to do anything with my sister, and I would try so hard not to break in his presence.

Who cared if he had my mother, sister, and pretty much 99% of our family on his side?

Unless I, the 'man of the house', approved of him, he wouldn't be able to take anything to the next step with Amanda.

That, I knew, because that's just the kind of guy he was. Or at least pretending to be. I'd like to think that's why he's always acting so friendly towards me.

There was no other possible explanation to it, either. Ever since I started locking myself in my room and excluding myself from social gatherings with the family, Luke tried getting closer to me so that I wouldn't feel so lonely, and he would be on my good side, too!

"Whatever...It's not like it matters, anyway..." I muttered under my breath, placing my laptop aside and getting under my covers. "He's just...My sister's boyfriend..."

モチのメッセジ〜Hey, lets pretend like this was good enough and that the guys are still in high school except for Luke. Isn't it funny? He's the youngest hahah...yeah, okay, thanks for reading. I promise it will get more interesting!