.::Chapter 17

[@riotirwin: So basically this story is pretty damn good and you're rad as heck stay Gucci]

Irwin side ~ 'the one who cares for both of them'

You can't have everything in life, at least not at the same time. You can't love the person you want to love and you can't make the person you cherish the most smile again...At least not at the same time.

It's one of those times where you want to help, but it doesn't work out unless you subtract your feelings away from the situation. You caused them pain, both physical and emotional. You're the reason why their world seems to be falling apart...Yet, whenever you try to make things better it just becomes worse for everyone...

It's one of those times where you know, he knows and she knows that the three of you can't win.

〜 Mikey guided me into his new room, it was cleaner than what I expected. I couldn't hide my shock, really. "Whoa...Are you sure we didn't entered someone else's?"

"Don't joke with me, I'll kill you." He snickered, always having that sense of humor where you'll never know if he means things or not. "May comes in once in a while and cleans it for me. I give her twenty for it."

Twenty dollars to clean Michael Gordon Clifford's room just doesn't do it's justice. I was thinking that as I sat on his soft bed and waited for him to talk.

He picked me up from home a few minutes after stated. I was beginning to worry about the whole thing just being a prank because I couldn't imagine him calling to cancel the plans at any given moment or apologizing about it. But in the end...He actually showed up.

The ride wasn't what I expected, though. His car was one of the coolest things about him and he had to trade it for a damn motorcycle while we stopped talking. "I'm not gonna ride this."

"Who's saying anything about you riding it?" He mocked, throwing an extra helmet at me. "I'm riding this, you're just gonna be behind me."

Maybe I was spending too much time with Luke, because I thought pervertedly to that. "There's no other way around, is there?"

He shrugged. "Want to walk sixty miles from here?"

Like hell.

〜 "Do you still play drums?" He asked me, snapping me back to reality as the TV in his room was blasting to some Green Day music videos. "Cal and I still play. Remember when we talked about making our own band?"

I smiled a little. Those were the days my two best friends and I did nothing else but make music and have fun. Michael would say that as soon as he turned eighteen, he wanted to live on his own and would make Calum and I his roommates no matter what. It sounded fun, just living with the people you could be yourself with.

But things change quite fast and unpredictably. Cal and I still live with our family, while Mike is sharing a humongous home of seven rooms with seven other people. None of them were there when we entered the living room, though. He told me they don't hang out together, they have their own things to worry about.

I know he said he wanted freedom, but living away from your friends and family to be with a bunch of people who don't even give a shit about you...Was that really what he meant by it?

"I mean, it's great living here. Hardly anyone is home and the place is big, you could make great parties in here." Not gonna lie, but what he said kind of made me want to live there, too, regardless of them caring for me. "But...It just gets a little boring at times, you know? There's nothing to do if you're just here alone."