.::Chapter 29

[@mukeymouse: I'd comment something interesting but I'm not really interesting]

Irwin side ~ 'the one who gets dumped'

Running nonstop; panting and having ominous ideas of where Michael and May could be hiding. This went on for about thirty minutes until we decided to knock on people's doors and ask for others' indication.

No luck.

By then, Luke had become desperate. There was absolutely not a single doubt in my mind that Michael's little sister was like his very own after that. "Please help us...She's my best friend, she's...Please, call me if you hear anything!"

He insistently kept offering them his phone number, regardless if the person looked old enough to even own a cell or not. "Luke, please calm down."

No matter how many times I said it, he brushed me off. My suggestions were ignored, but I couldn't focus on my own feelings when he was going crazy. "I have a bad feeling, Ash...My blood is boiling. What is Michael doing to her?!"

"She's..." I opened my mouth, trying to give a glint of positivity but there really wasn't a lot I could say. "She's fine...I think."

"Great, Ashton. Why don't you just finish off by telling me that one of your best friends has the mind capacity of a twelve year old boy and would go as far as hitting a girl?!"

He started taking his anger out on me, I saw it coming. If I were to be in the same position but with Amanda, I would be mad as well. For that understandable reason, I made sure to keep my mouth shut for a while.

"I'm sorry." He heaved in forlornness; the chances of us helping May at that point were extremely low. It had been half an hour without any clues as to where Michael could take her or what he would do.

He didn't answered his phone when I called, she didn't either when Luke tried. They sent us straight to voicemail, we left enough messages to fill their inbox within five minutes. It was the best we could do without getting the police involved...

"We can't just leave it like this..." He mentioned as we slowly walked back to my home. "We need to do something...Should we justー"

He was interrupted by his phone. Briskly after answering the call and putting it on speaker, we heard sobs. They were very feminine, too. I would of never guessed who they belonged to, but Luke did. "May?! May, where are you?!"

"He's...He's...Luke, I'm so sorry...I'm really sorry, Luke..."

Such a sepulchral toned apology, it made me feel tremendously sad without even knowing what she was referring to. Enough to sense tears swelling up my own eyes.

"I don't...I don't want to be like this anymore...Luke..."

"May?! Where are you?! Tell me right now!" He panicked, walking back and forth, unsure of which way he should take. His voice started shaking, too. "What did he do to you....?"

"N-Nothing...I'm fine. H-He wouldn't hurt me..."

I let out a sigh of relief; Luke was still upset. "I don't believe you, May. Please tell me where you are..."

"Um...I'm walking. I'm walking home, now..."

"Okay, great. Where is he?!" She didn't answered, so he asked again, "May, I won't do anything, I promise. Just let me know if he's gone or is he still with you..."

"N-No, he said...He said he was going back to Ashton's."

Immediately, I came up with the idea of him going to check up on her while I could run back and talk to Michael, personally. "I'll tell the other people to leave, too."