.::Chapter 43

[@kawaiirwin: i feel so ew today and i did yesterday and the day before and then my phone was stolen the day before but seeing this updated literally just brightened my whole week]

{Special} Hood side ~ 'the one that tries to be comprehensive'

Ashton has always been one of my best friends. He's kind, he's loyal, he's smart and responsible when it comes to his family. He also has a great smile that can make anyone feel better, which is accompanied with all kinds of laughs for different moments.

He's very chirpy, and loud when he's excited or happy. Ashton is just a cool guy... I look up to him a lot and everything, but there came a time where he started to piss me off.

When he admitted his feelings for Luke Hemmings on the night of his great aunt's wedding-anniversary.

〜 In my perspective, Ash had always been too lovable. It wasn't surprising to know that plenty of girls, and occasionally guys, always felt some sort of attraction towards him...He's adorable. Very friendly as well.

It was only when that dull-witted rumour started at school, that he started to change. Michael and I had noticed it, really, even from afar.

He had pushed away everything and everyone he once cared for.

We tried to be there for him. To cheer him up for some time at least. It was a couple of months later when the rest of us got sucked into that damn high school lie and we naturally separated.

I never really understood why or how that rumour could drift the three of us apart, actually, neither did Ash and neither did Michael. It just happened...
I guess, bullies could be kind of too cruel to the weaker ones. Unfortunately, for Ash, he was their main target in our senior year.

He and I still chatted through facebook inbox and text messages after that lie spread even worse. He wouldn't ask why Mikey and I stopped visiting his house and trying to make his mother agree into letting him hang out, nor he would ever question my shitty claim of 'talking to me whenever he wants because I'll always listen.'

Even though it was clear to the both of us that I would not. Although, I would be a bad person in general for ignoring him in public, like how Michael started doing first.

I knew it was wrong. In the back of my head, my conscience was always trying to tell me, "Ash never did anything to deserve this, Calum. If only you could stop being such a dick and hang out with him again, you'll see that rumours like those can never break the bond you guys share."

Why did I kept ignoring that thought?

〜 We met as kids, I think it was second grade, to be exact. Ash and I sat across each-other in a small circular table of two boys and two girls.

We became instant buddies, it was team boys versus team girls every day of primary school. We ran around during lunch break and had bloody sessions of poke wars during class until we caught the teacher's attention and came home with red tickets to show our mothers how 'bad' we were behaving.

Things are always great when you are only child. You grow up with not a single care in the world, you just wanted to play and eat junk food until you passed out in your comfortable couch watching cartoons. Issues with friends, family and romance weren't a huge impact on you. Back then, I thought so.

That was until I met Ashton's sister.

Now, I guess one could call it a 'puppy love', it started off like that anyway. One day, I was invited to the Irwin's house to celebrate my best friend's eighth birthday.

As I entered the place with my mother holding on to my shoulders to secure me from running off without permission, I noticed that the party decorations weren't only blue with cars or superheroes, there were pink balloons as well and fairy princess pictures on the walls.