.::Chapter 46

[@maybelate: This book is literally all I think about all day everyday, like seriously I get so excited everytime I see an update ily]

Hemmings side ~ 'the one who finally decides'

"Your brother kissed me the other day,"

Nonchalantly, I mentioned to May on a Friday morning while we bumped into each other at my workplace. "He also asked me out."

She originally came in to visit her girlfriend, aka my boss, but since Ailyn kept taking 'five minute breaks' that lasted about three hours all the time, there was nothing for her to do but look at the guitars while she waited. Which is exactly where I'm always near, "Oh yeah? What did you say?"

She knew about Michael and I even before I had a chance to tell her when we moved in together, "He's my brother, Luke. His room was right next to mine, you can't imagine how thin the walls were." She had said.

"That I'll think about it." Saying those words to Michael were easier than explaining them to others, after. It just sounded like it was the right thing to say back then, but I took note of how terrible it felt to repeat them later. "What am I gonna do now, May? Ash and I are going through so much shit, and Michael coming on to me isn't helping."

"Well, it's simple..." I was pretty sure she was going to give me a good reality check and a couple of insults, but all I got was a... "Flip a coin."

"You're a terrible listener."

"And you're a terrible boyfriend." She reminded me, raising her brows in a know-it-all manner, "You know...As much as I love my big brother, he's a real shithead. I wouldn't trust him if I were you."

"How sweet..." If she thinks about her own family like that, I wouldn't expect any sort of good things coming from her, in my case. "So, want to tell me how you and the latte-lover got back together? You didn't fuck in my bedroom, did you?"

"I rather not." She grabbed an electric guitar from the stand holders next to me and strapped it over her bony shoulders. "I think relationships need to be kept private, otherwise you get extraneous and undesired issues from others."

"Was that an indirect way of telling me I'm doing the wrong thing here?"

She strung a few chords, it wasn't connected to any amp so all she could manage to play was the beginning of Seven Nation Army. "Take a wild guess."

"Alright. So, if you think you're some kind of expert at knowing what to do in these situations, how about meeting me for lunch to talk about it?"

"I don't like where this is goingー"

〜 But she still showed up. Even before I entered the fast-food place, I noticed her parents' old crappy car in the lot. She could speak however she wants to make herself look badass, but she was still there for me when I needed her. That's why she became a close friend of mine.

"You're late, bitch." Was her nice way of greeting me. "I waited eight hundred years for you."

"I'm only two minutes behind the time I asked you to come." I sat across from her and became aware that we weren't alone. "...Who is that?"

Next to her was a child, I wasn't sure how someone could trust May with them. He was adorable, big green eyes, dark short hair and pale, like my friend. "His name is Dylan, he's my cousin."

"Are you babysitting him?" I waved at the little guy, he was old enough to respond by trying to reach for my hand. "Hi Dylan, I'm Luー OW!"

"No, I stole him." Her sarcasm was clear, but it was me who asked the stupid question to begin with.