.::Chapter 38

[@ashton_ismy_cookiedo: argh I just love this! its the most heartbreakingly classy amazing great fantastic omg I just love this lashton is my opt n I omg I cant update :) thank you you gifted child]

Hemmings side ~ 'the one that tries to solve things on his own'

It was two days after Ashton and I had that argument when I visited my pale roommate to talk about it. Usually, I'd avoid going to that girl for any kind of advice due to the sad fact that she's heartless and doesn't care for others' feelings, but lately she had been proving me wrong...It couldn't just be me...She was changing.

I don't mean little details like how she's starting to laugh at normal things and not the painful accidents she hears about from strangers, but she was verily listening to every single detail of my troubles. "Hmm...So you haven't talked to Ashton since then?"

I shook my head, "How could I? I don't have a phone anymore."

"Well, why don't you visit him? Go and tell him you're sorry."

But I didn't had anything to be sorry for, "He's the one that threw that tantrum, what do I have to apologize for?!"

I was being just as childish as Ash and forgot who I was yelling at; May pinched and pulled my ear with the remaining of her strength left until I was in pain. "First of all, don't talk to me like if I'm your therapist. I don't get paid to listen to you. I have my own share of problems too, you know?! Second of all, if it's really bothering you and Ashton isn't making the first move to fix things then you do it. After all, it's your fault, isn't it?! What else do you expect from a guy like him, to say 'I love you'?! He doesn't take those words so lightly like you do, dork!"

She let me go, and I would never say I liked her way of snapping me back to reality but I don't necessarily hate it. Her aggressiveness really makes me get back on track. She was completely right...I know Ashton wasn't the kind to admit things if it embarrasses him...

His actions never describe the nature of his feelings. Really, I sought too much into it that night. I wanted him to just say he 'loved' me because, well...I needed it as consolation.

"In other words..." The more I kept thinking, the clearer it became to me. May relaxed on her bed while a nurse came in to give her a tray of food. "I was just rushing him. I'm terrible, am I not?"

"No, you just have to talk to him about it, okay?" Sighing, she waved goodbye to the nurse and stared down at her bowl. "I really hate the food here...Do you think you can get your mom to cook something for me? Please? Before I get out of here in three days? I love her cooking..."

"What's wrong with it?" I tried taking a peek at it, but she covered the orange-colored soup with the plastic lid. "I'll try..."

"Or ask Ashton." She shrugged, not understanding that it wasn't easy for me to talk to him again. "You said he makes good food, right?"

I scrunched up my face in confusion for a millisecond, but then I got it. She was trying to help me in her own way. Like Shorty, she would deliberately care but not like to show it. I smirked, trying hard to keep in my laugh. "Okay. I'll ask Ashton."

"Great. I don't know what you're going to do now that I'm moving." She acted as if I was the one who would suffer the most. "Who's going to clean your mess and make food, now?"

"We both know I was the one who did all of that. You don't even know how to crack an egg."

"Yes I do, you throw it across the room." She joked, crossing her arms and raising her eyebrows as if she was being serious. "Come on, dork. You need to start being responsible."