.::Chapter 25

[@wowmukefeels: i love this book so much oh my god you are such an amazing author god bless you]

Irwin side ~ 'the one who hates being weak'

Sometimes you say things without thinking, because you trust that person to no limits and are sure that they will support you. Most of the cases, they do. Other times...They look at you as if you're crazy and don't say a word until you forget about it.

"Here you go, miss." A kind waiter left my mother's order on our table and walked away while she almost yelled a 'thanks.'

"Hey, darling..." She stopped me from finally taking a bite of my food, because it would be rude to start eating before the lady gets her meal, and then gestured me to look back at the guy who worked there. "Do you think he's cute?"

"No, mom, I'm not gayー"

"You said you liked a guy."

I stammered, I did say that...But it didn't meant I liked every guy. Just Luー No. "I-I'm not too sure about it, okay...I don't look at any one else but him, andー"

"Is it Michael?" This was the first time in years that we bonded as mother and son but she was acting like someone I know so well. "Or is it Calum? He always stares at you."

I felt my stomach grumble in displeasure. Or maybe it was hunger, but I still tried to get rid of her kind of conversation from the table. "Mom, just forget about it...Please..."

She stopped talking and we ate in silence, not saying a word to eachother but hearing other people's voices across the restaurant. After a few minutes I looked up at her and noticed she was pouting like a little kid. Is she who I get it from?!

"Are you okay?" Shocked that she would seriously do something so childish, I asked.

"Look, daー Ashton, you are my son. I will always love you unconditionally. I care so much about you and your sister, it makes me so happy that you come out to me like this. Darling, I support you, now, please tell me whoー"

"Not yet." It felt horrible to turn her down after she poured her beautiful thoughts on me. I couldn't tell her who it was; Luke Hemmings, the guy who she prayed would marry her daughter someday.

Maybe she would be devastated to know it's him. Maybe if it was anybody else she would support it, but not with the same guy who dated Amanda. Maybe...

Maybe...

〜 "Maybe you should learn to get along with Luke." She told me as she fed the dog and petted his head. "Mandy would love that."

I crossed my arms, we were back home and she wanted me to pick up a few things for Luke #2 while she was gone for the weekend. That was her favor, for me to take control of the house since she was going on a business trip later this afternoon and coming back on Monday night.

It's not like I didn't get along with that furry animal, but he was always trying to annoy me. When I'm in my room, he would scratch my door and whine until I let him in. He thinks he owns my bed and sleeps there whenever he wants, not to mention he pees all over it and near any other item that belongs to me, and he's always barking at whoever comes near meー of course, my sister and my mother are an exception.

He acts like someone I couldn't really put up with in the beginning. Now, I have two Lukes, one who bothers me at home, and another one who bothers me everywhere else.

"When he's done eating, leave him in the backyard." She ordered at me before getting ready to leave. "Take a nap and relax, if you over stress you will end up sick this weekend and you don't want that."