.::Chapter 2O

[@columnhoods: this fanfic is so great I love it like it needs to be published and made into a movie and I will wake up super early to go to your book signings like totally]

Hemmings side ~ 'the one who's trying his best'

Two weeks after Ashton had challenged me into the deadly game of 'Get Back With My Sister Or Else', I decided to take my chance and ask Amanda out.

Going on a small date to talk about things was fine, it's not like I was planning on making her my girlfriend any time soon. She was the past, but I still wanted her to be in my present. It was a complicated thing for me to brood over.

I took her to a small coffee shop early on a Saturday morning. She came out of her house wearing pyjamas with cute little penguins on them and I had to start the day by complimenting her. "You look adorable."

"Hi..." She smiled a little, despite my lack of sense. I wasn't supposed to give her any hope, I only called her to make things clear between us. "I didn't feel like dressing up or anything, so..."

Amanda had stopped caring about how she looked, well, at least in front of me. It wasn't a bad thing, but it was weird to take her out when she was still in the process of waking up.

〜 "How have you been?" I sticked a straw into a chocolate chip milkshake and handed it to Ashton's sister, who was yawning. "Is everything fine?"

Her hazel eyes looked lighter than usual, her pink lips were formed into an almost straight line for me. "Things are great. You?"

"I wish I could say the same...But my life is kind of a mess right now..." I chuckled, giving away the impression that I was mocking her. "I mean, things just aren't the same anymore. It was all so sudden, Iー"

"I've missed you, Luke."

She said it with a very timorous voice, I cleared my throat and tried not to look at her in the eye. Hers were flushing with fear and anxiety.

"Shit..." I muttered to myself and she instantly sat up and laughed at her own words.

"I just missed talking to you, that's it. Hah, it's funny, isn't it? The person you trusted the most ends up...just ruining you for the better..." She was a complete mess. Not shining anymore, her cheeks were no longer flushed with color, her skin was basically porcelain. She looked like a ghost.

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't be." She interrupted me from spilling out anymore stupid things. "Situations like these...Are essential, right? Break ups and all...They hurt but they teach you something in the end..."

"Amanda..." I reached for her hand, that was placed in front of me on the table, and cupped it with both of my own. "...If I hadn't told you sooner, who knows what kind of trouble it would of brought. I never thought we were going to breakup like this...I really care about you, even now. It's just..."

"That you don't love me like how you love her."

Him. I wanted to correct her, but I wasn't ready to explain that part, yet.

〜 The day after apologizing to Calum, clearing things up with Amanda and talking to Shorty once again, I woke up to the smell of bacon sizzling from our kitchen. It was odd that it was coming from there.

All the Greek gods and goddesses knew that May couldn't cook, so they sent me to stand and go check who this bacon-making intruder was. "...What are you doing here? It's four in the morning..."

The latte-lover was there, with a spatula in her right hand and a green coffee cup on her left. She was also wearing a white apron that read 'KISS ME, IM IRISH'.