.::Chapter O8

[@LiliMclain: my life revolves around this fanfic and your an amazing writer!!!ily]

Hemmings side ~ 'the one who was jealous'

A month ago, Ashton brought up the news about having a girlfriend to his mother and sister during dinner. I was invited by Mrs. Irwin that day, so I heard the whole thing and wasn't sure why I was having trouble processing the subject. "Girlfriend?!"

"What's so surprising? I'm a great looking guy." He acted hurt for a second, but then he chuckled. "She's great. Very kind, sweet, really cute. You girls are going to love her."

It was all so hard to believe; Ashton talked about asking someone out the day I dropped Amanda off to school when he was with a friend.

Was it the same girl he was then, claiming to be dating?

"Oh my goodness, darling, that's quite the news...I..." Mrs. Irwin was caught off guard by it, quite like the rest of us. "I don't know what to say...If she makes you happy, by all means, marry this girl!"

"What?!" Left my mouth in an instant, but I shushed myself by eating a spoonful of peas from my plate.

My girlfriend raised an eyebrow at my strange blurt, but shrugged it off to tease her brother. "Who would wanna date you, though?"

"That's the same thing I asked myself when Luke, here, started holding your hand in public." Ash stuck out his tongue at his twin. "Anyway, she wants to meet you guys. So I'm bringing her home tomorrow."

I finished chewing my food and gulped it down, only to shout another 'What?!' once more. Ashton was bringing a girl over?

What did I do to have this sudden turn of events happen in a blink of an eye? I was used to seeing him be on his own, stuck in his room and not wanting to talk to others.

Now he was all happy, dating girls and even wanting to introduce them to his family? I get that it was a good thing for him, but why did it bothered me so much?

That smile. His new girlfriend was causing it; I hated that.

〜 "You're not inviting your sweet bottom?" I wiggled my eyebrows at him the day of the barbecue. It had marked a month of their relationship, too.

A whole month of me putting up with her presence whenever she was around his house. She was the perfect match for a guy like Ashton. Giddy, bubbly, kind and fun. She was horrible.

It was when she kissed him in front of everyone that I realized I was jealous of her. I didn't wanted to embrace that indescribable feeling or show it, why would I?

We're both guys.

So I was stuck painfully watching him be all couple-like with a girl. This caused me to gain so much interest in them that I started to forget about my own girlfriend.

Amanda: Luke! You were supposed to pick up my cousin from cheerleading practice right now, did you forget?! Where are you?!

I read the text quickly in my mind and thought that if I was already late for that, I could finish a can of soda and talk to Ashton for a bit more. I basically ignored it.

"Don't call her that. You know, I want to just break up with her..." He mumbled, and I tried hiding a smile from showing across my face. "But...She's too...Nice, you see?"

I, then, decided to help him out. My advice wasn't helpful, but I had a plan on the back of my mind that I wanted to try out.

It might of been more of a selfish request rather than a plan but...What if his 'oh-so-perfect' girlfriend catches him kissing another guy?