.::Chapter 22

[@ShhImNotANinja: I am in love with this book I stay up at all hours of the night reading this and almost getting grounded oops]

Hemmings side ~ 'the one who's not strong enough'

Its a sort of feeling you only read about in cliche love stories...When you get the sensation that you're high up in the clouds and you don't even notice anything or anyone else around you but that one special person...For me, that person is Ashton Irwin.

...Though, I don't think he was getting the same connection between us at that very moment.

"You're an idiot." Right when he finished stating his rather spiteful opinion, he covered his mouth. I figured he was going to say something like that in response to my thoughts. He was kinda like May, acting off-character whenever he couldn't cope with admitting his real notions. "Well...I guess I'm the idiot, actually. You say all these nice things to me and I can't even figure out my own feelings..."

"Hey..." Just listening to him struggle made me distraught. All I really wanted from him, at that time, was just a sign. Something that showed me he was thinking about us in the same way I was ruminating about our relationship. "There's no rush. I'll wait."

〜 I wasn't going to wait for long. I knew it too well, especially when Ashton was sitting on the passenger seat of my car, wearing my unbuttoned flannel, exposing his chest and panting. "Sorry I took a while, couldn't find where you parked the car."

I barely took a peek at his abdomen before closing my eyes shut, then tried to pay more attention to the wheel in front of me while he placed the seatbelt over his bare skin. "Uh...Should we go, now?"

Right after we got out of the last attraction for the day, a man accidentally tripped over a crack on the pavement and threw his cold drink at Ashton and I, though most of the soda dispersed over his shirt than mine.

I quickly took off my red long sleeved shirt and handed it to him before getting ready to beat that thirty something year old man to near-death, but Ash stopped me like the good kid he was. "Wait, Luke, it was just an accident!"

The man nodded, "I'm sorry, kids. I wasn't looking...Please, let me buy him another shirt from a standー"

"You're not buying him anything." I wasn't going to hit a person who admitted being wrong here, but who was he to offer anything to my Ashton? "Just leave."

He might of been too scared because he speed walked away from the both of us right after I demanded it. Shorty threw back my shirt back at me and growled. "What am I gonna wear now?! You should of let me answer to him on my own."

"He's a stranger. I don't trust him." I handed it back to him, I was using another plain black shirt under it, so it was like an extra. "Wear this instead."

He eyed it for a second, then shook his head. "I'll just...Go home shirtless."

Was he kidding? I couldn't let him do such a deprave action in front of me. No matter how self-conscious he felt about wearing another guy's clothes, I held it out again, this time determined to make him agree. "Babe, wear my shirt."

"Damn it, Luke! Stop with that!" Even though he was flustered, he yanked it away from me and finally did what I asked. "I swear, you can be such a pain."

〜 Even though he claimed so, he was still in my car. Wearing a piece of clothing that belonged to me and looking out the window in boredom.

It was the beginning of dusk. The distance between the amusement park and Ashton's home was about an hour long, I was calculating the shortcuts I could take in my head while he switched the radio stations and stopped at a Good Charlotte marathon.