December 10 - A Mystic's Life

Deliverance is not for me
in renunciation. I feel the
embrace of freedom in a
thousand bonds of delight.

~ Rabindranath Tagore

We came from Life and
are in Life, so we are One
with Life; and we know that
Instinctive Life within –
which has brought us to the
point of self-recognition ...

~ Ernest Holmes

I was once challenged in my spiritual online community for suggesting that I am a mystic. I am still amazed that anyone else could judge that for me as I would think that only my own self could truly know. The charlatan is often only known to be such by their own self. A mystic is not a celebrity. A mystic could be a very quiet and solitary person or might not be recognized as anything worthy of notice by the people around them. Yet now more than ever I would still hold to my assertion that I am a mystic. I am the only one that needs to feel comfortable in identifying with such a concept and I do.

Having surrendered to the Presence within my human form, I know myself from the Divine essence within lived partly in this time and space. I am consciously aware of this as the truth of my being and wish nothing more from living through this lifetime than to walk in and as this healing presence within emanating out into the world around me. I find that my heart's eyes perceive other people around me as interesting expressions of the perfect whole completeness of the Divine playing upon the stage of Life. I believe that each person actually does have some say regarding the roles they accept for their own Divine essence in this physically lived experience. The All That IS has it all covered regardless of what it is that we each believe that we are individually doing. I find comfort for my own self in that recognition. I need not ever worry about whether the little choices I am making all the time would somehow significantly change the larger plan that Life is unfolding. What I do matters, just not in that manner.

And so I have this deep inner sense of what Life is and means. I became aware of a reverential perception of this Life even back in my preteen years as I went through the consecration ceremony known as "confirmation" in the Episcopal Church. I felt deeply the sacred holiness of making that commitment consciously as a coming of age experience. I find in spiritual Truth only the most natural and understandable of effects and responses. Life affirms itself. So without any mental process to it I simply realized that for me a spiritual aspect to living my life is precious and real. I have always felt a connection and a companionship in that relationship to my Divine Creator.

Having a spiritual sense of Life is a mystic's way. There is a sense of a "living" Presence always animating forms which yet always remains One Life through, in and as all. There is a love relationship with the Divine, a courting of It, as with a Beloved one yearns to receive the blessings of attention from. There is a yearning to walk along with and to communicate with the Self in intimate companionship. Yet one may and should exercise care. Any reaction should be judged on the basis of whether it seems like a reasonable and balanced one – to become unbalanced in relationship with the Divine is to lose the sense of It's true nature and to misinterpret what It actually is based upon the most commonly expressed human misperceptions.

While I am never separated from the one Infinite Mind, I am never-the-less a separately contained entity within this bag of bones and biological processes. The Universal Consciousness is God as focused to a point as my Life, as Spirit interacting with what is an individualized expression in human form. It most certainly is the Intelligence I call upon for answers to whatever questions or concerns may arise as I walk this path through Life. I trust that my Friend knows the reason for all things, the purposes underlying all things and the reason for my involvement in them and because of that I do not fear what's coming next nor doubt my choices will always be the "right" ones. There is no confusion in me. I allow the Great Reality to flow through me and this guides me daily in peaceful pathways and in joyful recognition of that union.

Once one's relationship to a Divine Truth is revealed in the heart's mind there is a key by which all language utters that same Truth throughout many diverse examples. Intuition is one of the channels through which that Mind speaks to my awareness. Intuition asks only my recognition of its truths and cooperation with its harmony but never demands anything of me that would distress or confuse me. Only my societally-programmed ego-structured self can cause that discomfort in my reality. Yet as I respond to Spirit's gentle promptings for my assistance I do experience a deep satisfaction in a most unique way of being in service to It's will.

~ perspective

I believe that Life is good
all the time for I am always
where and being how I am
supposed to live.
In a mystic's walk through Life,
I find a mindful bliss, a joy in
knowing the secret heart that
only loves.
I seek only to allow Truth to
operate through me without
hindrance and I welcome the
continuous practice of allowing.
I am forever grateful to live
in this world from a spiritual
perspective and know a
companion that is always with
me even when I appear to
be totally alone and even in
those difficult moments when
no other caring person seems
to truly understand what is
happening in, through or around
me, even then I continue to
feel most deeply understood
and fully appreciated.
I find Universality within my
own soul and through a spiritual
sense I feel an immediate
communion is always available
and awaiting only my own
recognition of Its presence.

#assistance #awareness #blessings #choice #healing #heart #intuition #joy #peace #truth