fourty six

Benjamin and Mary are ten months old

•••

"Come on, walk to daddy," Peter said, to Ben. Michelle was holding him up by his hands, helping him walk. "You got it buddy," he encouraged his son.

Ben kept moving one foot in front of the other with Michelle's help of keeping him up.

"Hey bud, you did it," Peter said, picking him up when he got to his legs. "Benny did it," Michelle said, bending down beside them, a huge smile on her face, "Let's see if you can do it without mommy's help."

Michelle picked Ben up and moved back about the same distance as before. "You got this bud," she told him, and helped him get started.

He took four steps, then Michelle let go. He took another, and then two more, then fell. Michelle and Peter were both smiling wide. "You did it," Michelle said, picking him up and walking closer to Peter.

"You did so good," Peter said, tickling his side. Ben squirmed in Michelle's arms, and squealed. Michelle and Peter laughed at their son.

"What's all this squealing in here about?" Natasha asked, stepping into their bedroom. "Ben just took his first steps," Peter told her.

Natasha gasped, "No way." She stepped into the room and held Ben's hand. "You're going to be running around here in no time, aren't you?" Natasha teased him, getting squeals in return.

"Where's Mary now?" Michelle asked. "With Wanda in her room. She was attempting to paint her tiny fingernails after she fell asleep." "Let me guess, red?" Michelle asked, laughing a little. Natasha shook her head, "You already know it."

"Super is in an hour," Natasha told them, heading out the room. Michelle handed Ben to Peter, and sat down on their bed. She took out her phone and got on instagram.

What she saw all over her feed shocked her. "Peter," she said, her eyes not leaving the screen. "What?" "We have a problem."

•••

setting up more conflict lmao.

i feel like this book will never end, but i'm okay with that.

-Nat