forty three

Benjamin and Mary are seven months old

•••

Peter and Michelle turned around. "Oh. Hey Ned," Peter said, twisting the ring on his finger. "Where the hell have you two been?" Ned asked, confusion all over his face. "Very long story," Michelle said, "And it's just Michelle now."

"Why are you in a wheelchair?" Ned asked Peter. "Um, well. Car Wreck," Peter said. "His legs are paralyzed," Michelle finished, rubbing Peter's shoulder.

Ned nodded his head, trying to take in all the information. "Is that why you two left all of a sudden?" Ned asked. "Sure," Michelle said, shutting her locker.

"Why'd you stay out? You look fine?" Ned asked Michelle. "Different reasons," she told him, smiling.

"Did Mj just smile?" Ned asked, shocked. In all his time of knowing her, he'd only seen her smile twice. "It's Michelle," she corrected him. "I thought you hated Michelle?" Michelle shrugged, "New chapter of life. My perspective on life has changed."

Ned was about to ask another question, but the bell rang. "What's your first class?" Ned asked. "We have the same schedule, but AP History," Peter told him.

"Well I have English," Ned said, turning away, "I'll see you later." Michelle and Peter waves by, then started towards their class.

"Are we going to tell Ned?" Peter asked. "I don't want too. You know how big his mouth is," Michelle told him. "I feel so bad not telling him though." "We'll tell him one day, right now though, no." Peter shook his head, "Fine."

"We're gonna be late," Peter said, "Stupid wheelchair." "Hey, don't say that. Hopefully the teacher will understand," Michelle told him.

When they got to class they were two minutes late. Michelle opened the door, and Peter rolled in, she followed him in.

"Nice of yo-. Oh, Peter what happened?" Mrs. Reyes, their History teacher from last year, asked. "Car Wreck," Peter said, twisting the ring on his finger again. He's found comfort in the ring.

"Oh gosh. Well, Mj, will you help him get situated in a seat," Mrs. Reyes asked. "Yes, but it's Michelle now," Michelle said, moving a chair from under a desk to the wall. Mrs. Reyes smiled, "Finally came around to liking it?" Michelle nodded her head, "It was time for a change."

•••

fun fact, i was originally gonna do a storyline where they had them in a regular hospital but one of the twins was stolen and then they have to find her, but i came up with the whole car wreck thing.

if you can't tell, this school day is gonna be a few chapters lmao.

-Nat