fourty one

Benjamin and Mary are seven months old

•••

It was six am, and Tony was walking towards Michelle and Peter's room. When he got to the door, he stepped on the pressure plate Peter had installed and the door opened. He laughed a little, then stepped into the room.

"Alright you two. First day of senior year. Get up," Tony told them, getting moving covers in response. "You have five minutes to be up and out of bed before O send Clint in here," he told them, then left.

"I don't feel like getting soaked," Peter mumbled, his voice still raspy from sleeping. "Mhm," Michelle responded, turning on her side to face Peter.

"I guess we should get up," Peter sat up, nudging Michelle's shoulder. "Today's gonna suck. I can already tell," Michelle told him, laying on her back again.

Peter nodded his head, "I just don't wanna leave Ben and Mary. We haven't gone more than two hours without seeing at least one of them." "Let's go see them," Michelle said, getting out of bed.

She walked over to Peter's side and helped him get situated in his wheelchair. He rolled behind Michelle, following her to the room beside their's.

Michelle opened the door, and saw that both babies were up and squirming. "Hey baby," she said, picking up Ben. He fell into his mother's touch and laid his head on her chest. "Someone's sleepy," she chuckled to herself.

Peter had managed to get Mary out, and was holding her against his chest. He was humming a soft tune to her, making Mary almost fall asleep again.

"Let's go eat before we shower and get ready," Michelle said, pulling Peter's attention away from his hum and daughter.

"Okay," he said, holding Mary against his chest with one hand, and guiding his wheelchair with his free hand.

When they got to the living room and kitchen area, Steve was already cooking, Bucky had his head down on the table, probably asleep, and Natasha and Tony were on the couch talking.

"Good morning," Steve told them, flipping eggs. "Morning," they both said, still sleepy.

Michelle day on the couch, and Peter pulled up in his spot beside it. "How's you sleep?" Tony asked, wide awake from his five coffees since 3 am. He may have stopped drinking and party, but he didn't stop staying up all night.

"Good," Michelle said, rubbing Ben's back. "Fine," Peter told them, staring at Mary and taking on her features.

"You two excited to go back to school?" Natasha asked, a small smirk on her lips. She already knew the answer, no kid ever wanted to go to school.

"No." "Nope."

Tony and Natasha laughed, and the teens just wanted to go back to sleep. All they wanted was too curl up in bed again.

"Foods ready," Steve said. Everyone moved to the table, and ate.

•••

"We'll be back in a few hours," Peter told Mary, who was in Natasha's arms. He leaned towards her and kissed her on her forehead, "I love you."

Michelle was still holding Ben, giving him a few more goodbyes, when Tony walked in. "Alright, we need to leave if you want to be there on time," he told them.

Both Michelle and Peter pouted. "Bye baby. I'll see you in a little bit," Peter told Mary, giving her one last kiss.

Michelle hugged Ben to her chest, "I love you, and I promise we'll be back." She held him for a few more seconds, then handed him to Steve.

"Have a good day," Steve told them. Peter and Michelle nodded, then got in the elevator with Tony.

•••

this could have been way better but i'm so tired and literally fell asleep while writing this.

anyways, next chapter is school. i'm tired goodbye.

-Nat