thirty three

Michelle Jones is in labor

•••

"I see one's head, push harder," Dr. Smith said, after thirty minutes. Mj could've swore nothing had been happening, but apparently a lot had been.

Dr. Smith continued her count down, and Mj pushed, a little harder this time. She squeezed Peter's hand harder too.

"You got this baby," Peter encouraged her, squeezing her hand back. He hated seeing Mj in so much pain. He wished he could make this whole labor process quicker and less painful.

"Harder Mj. One last push," Dr. Smith told the teen. Mj leaned back for a second, exhausted. "One more. Come on," she heard Peter say.

She sat back up got ready to push. "One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten."

A baby's cry was heard.

"It's a boy," Dr. Smith said, holding the baby boy up.

The baby was quickly moved to Mj's chest, so she could get the first proper hold before she started pushing again. She looked down and moved her hands to hold the baby.

"Hey baby," she whispered, already tearing up. Peter leaned as far as he could and held his small hand. His tears had already made their way down his face.

Mj was given a few more seconds with the baby boy. "We need to start pushing again," Dr. Smith said. Mj nodded her head, but her eyes stayed on her baby.

A nurse came and grabbed the crying baby. She was going to do all the weighing and measuring while Mj pushed again.

Mj reclaimed her pushing position, and grabbed Peter and the nurse's hand. "Are you ready?" Dr. Smith asked for a second time. Mj nodded.

She started the whole pushing process again. In the background of Dr. Smith's counting, a baby's cry was heard.

This time, everything moved faster. "I see the head. Harder now," Dr. Smith said after seven minutes.

Mj, ready to get this shit over with, got ready for her last few pushes. She squeezed Peter's hand harder and pushed along to the counting.

She did it a second time, and another baby's cry was heard. "A girl," Dr. Smith said, moving the baby to Mj's chest again.

Mj had laid back, and looked exhausted. She still found enough strength to hold onto her baby girl. "Hey baby girl," Mj said, exhaustion clear in her voice.

Peter pushed his button on his hip and his braces grew around him. Another nurse came and helped him stand up. He grabbed onto the hospital bed for support.

He reached out with one hand and grabbed his little girl's hand. He had a huge smile on his face, and his was was wet.

"It's our baby girl," he said to himself, but Mj heard and nodded her head. "She's beautiful," he said, stroking her head.

A nurse came over to the couple with a clean baby boy. "Can we switch babies for a minute?" She asked with a smile. Mj nodded her head, "I guess."

The nurse put the baby boy on her chest again, and grabbed the girl. "He has your nose," Mj pointed out. "Yeah, I guess he does," Peter said looking closely at his son. "Your ears though," he chuckled.

The two admired their son. To them, he was beautiful. There wasn't one flaw.

He had darker skin than Peter, but lighter than Mj. His eyes were a dark brown, and he had a small amount of brown hair.

"Mj," Peter started, but was interrupted. "Michelle. I don't want to be called Mj anymore. This is a new chapter of my life," she told him, finally looking up from her son to meet Peter's eyes.

Peter smiled at her, "Well, Michelle, I'm so proud of you." Michelle smiled back, "I'm proud of me too," she looked back at her son.

The nurse brought over the bay girl and placed her on Michelle's chest too.

She had the perfect mix of Peter and Michelle's skin like her brother. Her eyes were a slightly lighter brown, and her hair was the same dark brown as her brother's.

Dr. Smith walked up to the couple, "What are their names?"

"Benjamin Anthony Stark," Peter said, looking at Benjamin, "and Mary May Stark."

•••

AND THAT'S THE END!!!!!
JUST KIDDING THIS BOOK AINT NO WHERE NEAR FINISHED!!!!!

benjamin- peter's middle name and longer for ben
anthony- tony's name

mary- peter's mother and it's close to may
may- peter's magnificent aunt

-Nat