twenty nine

Michelle Jones is thirty three weeks

•••

"Almost there Underoos," Tony called out from the other side of the lab. "I'm almost there," Peter hyped himself up. Tony laughed at his son.

Tony and Peter were almost done with their hour of walking for the day. Peter just had to walk as far as he could by himself.

"Dad, I've almost made it around two times," Peter said, walking a little faster than yesterday. "I know, you're doing amazing," Tony said, a proud smile on his face.

"Let's walk upstairs and show everyone," Peter suggested, already walking towards the door. "If you want too," Tony said, also making his way to the door.

"You haven't told them about the braces, have you?" Peter asked. Tony shook his head, "Of course not. The only person that knows is Mj."

"Hey Fri?" Peter asked the AI. "Yes Peter," she responded. "Tell everyone to meet in the living room. It's an emergency," Peter told her, a smirk forming on both his and Tony's face.

"Underoos, what are you planning" he asked his son. "We're gonna scare them," Peter said, a playful look in his eyes.

•••

"Where the hell is Tony?" Clint asked, sitting down on the couch, "Thought this was an emergency." Everyone else shrugged, not surprised the billionaire is late.

They waited five more minutes before the elevator doors opened. Tony frantically ran out, pulling at his hair. "Something's gotten into Peter. I don't know what's happening," he panted, and pointed towards the elevator.

Everyone grew worried, and got to their feet. "Where is he?" Natasha asked, her voice stern. "Our lab," Tony said, still panting.

Without another word, she made her way to the elevator. Wanda, Clint, and Steve, following her in.

No one spoke, but the red tint in Wanda's eyes and Natasha's stone cold look could tell you how everyone was feeling. Everyone wanted to make sure Peter was okay.

When the elevator opened, they wasted no time in getting out. They made their way to the last door on the hall, and Steve busted it down.

"What the hell?" Peter said, stepping back from where he had been walking past the door. The four heroes stood there shocked.

"What? Is there something on my face?" Peter asked, looking into the metal lab table's reflection beside him.

"You're walking ребенок паук," Natasha said, a small smile forming on her face. "Ooooh, that's why you're all staring at me," Peter laughed, and walked to the heroes.

"How?" Steve asked, still in shock. "Nanotech braces. They connect to me and move my legs. I'll spare you all the science," he said, taking a few steps.

"You little genius," Clint teased. "It took me a day to make the braces, and a separate one to recreate them with nanotechnology," Peter bragged.

"It's just taken a few weeks to figure out the whole walking thing again," Peter l's voice fell, "It doesn't feel the same. Mainly because I can't even feel it."

"Oh Peter," Wanda pulled him into a hug, feeling his change in emotion. "Leave it to you to find a way to get back on your feet," she comforted him.

Before he could pull out of the hug, Friday spoke up. "Mj's water has just broken," she informed the group.

Peter immediately panicked. "Where is she?" "She is in your room. Dr. Banner is on the way."

Peter closed his eyes and took a deep breathe, "Tell her I'm on my way."

•••

this would have been out sooner today, but i just couldn't get into the mood to write. i had to force myself to sit at my desk and write this chapter.

we hit 15k reads!!! at 20k i might do a face reveal...

-Nat