medicate - gabbie hannah

i'm unwell, thanks for asking

Peter can't sleep. The nightmares will just wake him back up if he tries.

don't mind me 'cause i'm just passing by in this life

He walks the halls of Midtown without a smile or 'pep' in his step.

been a while

ever since 'the snap' he hasn't been the same.

thought that you forgot, but that's alright

Flash has kept bullying Peter, even after he came back. everyday it gets worse too.

how've you been? glad to hear it

he acts like he cares, but it goes in one ear and out the other.

just one question if you can bear it

Peter has had one question stuck in his head since the last battle.

do you ever miss me, too?

does Tony miss him?

'cause i spend my days still thinking of you

Peter can't go five minutes without thinking of Tony. Gosh, does he miss him.

should i take a pill to numb the pain?

he's been given antidepressants by his new therapist.

change the chemicals inside my brain

he hasn't taken any yet. he's too scared. he can't remember what if feels like to be happy anymore.

i worry i won't be the same

he's forgotten happy Peter Parker. was he fun? was he ever this sad? will the pills make him a happy Peter Parker again?

but i guess that that's the point

the pills should make him happy. it's in the name. Peter decides to take one.

can you medicate a broken heart?

Peter hopes the pills will make him feel something other than broken. he's felt broken ever since that dreaded day.

make your tragedies a work of art

he sees Tony's face everywhere. from the television in his apartment to murals all over the city of Queens.

medicate a broken heart

every morning May always tells him to 'take his pills' with a sad smile on her face.

build your walls up just to rip them apart

Before he started going to a therapist he knew had to hold a fake smile or laugh at the right time. Now, he's an emotional mess.