sixteen

Peter Stark and Michelle Jones have been found

•••

"Both of his legs are paralyzed."

The room was silent. No one knew what to say.

"We've moved him into a room. He's asleep," Bruce finally said, "You can go see him."

Everyone got up and made their way to the teen's room. Every Avenger was standing around his bed, silently watching him with pitiful looks.

"Michelle Jones has woken up," Friday said in a low voice, startling everyone.

"Who's going in there. We can't just leave her in the blue or all go in at once," Natasha said. "I'll go," Wanda volunteered. Everyone looked in her direction, and nodded in approval.

Wanda left the boy's room, walking only a few feet to the girl's.

Wanda opened the door, and Michelle looked her way, but quickly looked away once she noticed who walked in.

"Hello. Michelle, right?" Wanda asked, sitting in a chair by the younger teen's bed. "Mj, please," she said, moving her head to face the 'witch.' "Well, Mj, how are you feeling." "Fine," she answered, "I think I'm fine."

"What do you, you think?" She asked, a curious look on her face. "I don't know what's happening. Honestly, I don't even know where I am," a tear rolled down her cheek, but she wiped it away with her non-casted hand.

Wanda gave a small sad smile, "You're at the Avengers Tower, in the medical wing. Your right wrist is broken, and you have a concussion from the car crash." "What about the babies?" she asked, already assuming they knew she was pregnant from the obvious factors. "Their completely fine."

"What about Peter?" she asked, fear in her eyes, her voice shakier than before. Wanda sighed, "He's alive, but asleep right now. He had a piece of glass in his side, but Dr. Banner got it out," tears filled Wanda's eyes, "But his spinal cord broke causing nerve damage and paralyzing his legs," she said fast, looking down at her hands in her lap.

Mj had tears free flowing now. "So he can't walk anymore. He's gonna hate that." "Yeah."

The two sat in silence for a little longer. "How'd you and Peter meet?" Wanda asked. Mj smiled, "We had the same schedule freshmen year. I didn't have any friends, and he only had Ned. He made the most effort to start a friendship, I guess you could say."

Wanda smiled fondly at the girl. She got to live a normal teenage life, something Wanda and Pietro never got.

"Are you two together?" Wanda teased, already feeling a bond between her and Mj. "Yeah. He asked me out at the end of Sophomore year." "How did he act?" Wanda laughed softly. "An awkward mess. He stumble over every other word," Mj laughed, remembering the moment.

Peter and Mj were sitting in their favorite coffee shop. It was Friday, and they had just gotten out of school.

"So, Mj, I have a question," Peter said, messing with the spoon in his tea. "What?" Mj asked, taking a sip of her latte.

"So we- we've known each other for almost two- uh- two years now," he cleared his throat, "and I- um- I wanted to ask, um," "Gosh, just spit it out," Mj interrupted him and laughed.  "Okay- um- wouldyouwannamaybebemygirlfriend?" he asked. "You want me," she pointed at herself, "to be your," she pointed at Peter, "girlfriend?" she asked, the smallest smile on her lips. "Yeah." "Yes. I'll be your girlfriend, but if you expect us to be some cheesy cliche couple, I'm out," she leaned back in her chair, folding her arms over her chest. "Trust me, I would never buy you flowers."

"Sounds like him. He can be an something else," Wanda agreed. Mj yawned, leaning back and closed her eyes. "I'll go so you can sleep. Just tell Friday to get me when you wake up," Wanda told the tired teen. "Bye Mj," Wanda said as she closed the door.

•••

i didn't expect to do that flashback tbh. it just kinda happened. this whole book kinda just happens, ya know?

i also want wanda and mj to have a great relationship. it would be so coooool. and natasha and mj, but we'll get to that later i guess.

EDIT:  okay, how much of a bitch move would it be to name one of the babies after me? asking for a friend.

-Nat