twenty eight

Michelle Jones is thirty two weeks

•••

Mj sat on her bed, one hand on her bump, the other fidgeting with her necklace. She had been reading, but she finished her book. This left her with the option of watching some sappy romance movie, that her hormones loved.

Peter was with Tony in the lab again, but they both agreed Mj shouldn't hang around in there anymore. There's no telling when the two geniuses could mess something up, and it explode.

"Why the fuck would you trust Dave? He's a sociopath!" Mj yelled at the tv, frustrated with the characters' choices.

Before she could yell anymore, there was a knock on the door, followed by someone opening it. "Don't mind if I join you?" Wanda asked, walking in with two grocery bags. Mj paused the tv, "Not at all. Whatcha got?"

"Snacks," Wanda said, sitting on the bed. "It's all the good ones I keep hidden from the boys," she smirked. "Lovely," Mj smiled, pulling one of the bags towards herself.

"What are we watching?" Wanda asked, taking the remote. "Some romance movie. I already forgot what it's called," Mj responded, opening the Twizzlers.

"Pregnancy brain?" Wanda joked, pressing play. "Definitely."

•••

"Okay, I'm going to let go, don't fall this time," Tony joked, loosening his grip on Peter's arms. "Haha, very funny," Peter said monotone, too busy focusing on his walking.

Everyday, the father-son duo spends an hour working on Peter's walking. He's hasn't been able to fully make a circle around the huge lab yet, but he has made it half way.

"One, two, three," Peter counted his slow steps. It's hard for him to learn how to walk all over again. He can't feel what's he's doing. He relying on technology to keep him up, and somehow let him move his legs.

Tony walked behind Peter, ready to catch him if he were to fall. "One, two, three," Peter counted again.

Tony smiled, noticing Peter had walked farther than the first time he tried to walk himself today. He can make it around, Tony thought to himself.

Peter continued walking, not even noticing how long he had been doing the not-so simple task. "Okay, I'm done," Peter stopped.

"Pete, you almost walked around the whole lab," Tony told him. Peter's eyes light up. "Really?" he asked, shocked. Tony shook his head 'yes.'

He was proud of Peter, and it showed. His smile was huge. "Wow," Peter responded, "This is going by way faster than I thought it would."

"You're doing amazing Underoos," Tony patted his shoulder. "Walk back to your wheelchair," Tony told him. Peter nodded his head and started to slowly walk again.

When Peter got there, Tony helped him sit down. "We should make these braces out of nanotechnology," Peter thought out loud. "That's not a bad idea," Tony thought.

"That way I could just press a button when I get in bed and just retract them. It would save so much time and effort."

"How about we get to work on that?" Tony questioned.

•••

this is kinda just a small fluffy filler chapter.

do you like the new cover? i like it better. i wanted a change again, don't ask why.

it's only the second week of school and my procrastination is horrible.

-Nat