CHAPTER 39 - Taken

In the forest,
Nighttime,

After saving Kouta...

Shinso's POV

Izuku was carrying Kouta carefully in her arms while I was on my guard the whole time, being cautious with our surrounding. We were running at our full speed, heading to the camp as soon as we could so that we could stay safe since we both were the targets.

Why are the villains after us?! Did we unconsciously make a contact with one of the villains?! Is that how they found this forest...?!

We really need to inform Aizawa-sensei very soon-

"Izuku-san! Look there!" Kouta suddenly whispered yell, catching my attention. I stopped my pace and looked at the direction he was pointing. There were two people, most likely to be villains. They looked like they were observing something-- no, maybe waiting for something.

Why villains have to be here?! It becomes difficult for us to walk past this place...

"Hitoshi..." Izuku called me out in worry as she hugged Kouta tighter protectively. "I know...." I whispered to her in defensive manner, spreading my right arm as a sign to protect both of them.

Since we are both their targets, we can't stay here any longer...or the villains will manage to kidnap us. We need to return safely, but how...?

If only I have my hero costume right now, I can fool them with my devices!

"Izuku, back down. We have to hide somewhere for now..." I told her in husky tone, tensed about this situation. Izuku chewed on her bottom lip and silently backed down like I said. Kouta was burying his face in the crook of Izuku's neck, trembling in fear. I also started stepping back cautiously.

*krak*

"Shoot--"

"Oi, Dabi! I found da two brats from the target list! One not though!" One of the villains -- wearing tightsuit and a mask that resembled Deadpool -- exclaimed, his fingers kept pointing at us.

Damn it! Why did I have to step on a stick right now?!

The other villain with patched face and purple skin stared at us dangerously. I stood before Izuku defensively, gritting trembling my teeth in frustration.

"Good work, Twice. Our job become easier now that we have these two at once..." The villain called 'Dabi' stated devilishly, showing to us his evil smile. "Now, you kids, behave and come with us..."

Midoriya's POV

"Now, you kids, behave and come with us..." Dabi demanded, reaching out his hand to us. I put Kouta-kun down and got closer to his ear. "Kouta-kun, run." I whispered in seriousness. He lowly gasped.

"But, how about you two--"

"Just run away from here! At this rate, your life will be in danger too... Leave this to us. We need you to stay safe, please..." I held his small hand in my bigger one, smiling gently at him. Tears welled up in his big eyes.

I already activated my Full Cowl, getting ready to fight. I got up from ny crouching position, locking my eyes on the two villains. "Kouta-kun, now!!" I yelled, giving him a signal to run. Hitoshi was shocked since I didn't mention anything about this.