CHAPTER 14 - Mikorin

At the park,
Evening...

Shinso's POV

I only stared at Midoriya who was playing upsie-dipsie with this cat she called Mikorin happily. A big smile plastered on my feature.

So cute...

"Mi~ko~rin~" Midoriya cooed at the the female cat, earning a loud yet affectionate meowing from Mikorin. Mikorin then nuzzled her head on Midoriya's happy face, purring softly at her.

Midoriya put the cat down on her laps, stroking the cat's soft fur gently while I patted her head and played with her ears. She purred loudly,feeling pleasent when I touched her ear.

"Aw~ She really loves it when someone play with her ears." Midoriya stated, a bright smile tugged on her lips. A gasp escaped her mouth out of nowhere. She lifted Mikorin up without a warning, causing the female cat to meow loudly, complaining with her sudden rough attitude.

"I was right... Your belly seems bigger than usual..." Midoriya turned to look at me, her beautiful face clouded with concern and pity. As I heard her words, a rush of realization hit me.

"She is pregnant?" I asked her, slightly doubted her expectation. Midoriya agitatedly nodded, turning her head facing Mikorin back.

"I hope I can bring her home but my mom is allergic to cat..." Midoriya said sadly, a heavy sigh left her lips. Her eyes became a little watery as she brought the cat into a warm, affectionate hug.

"I'm worried... Little kids around here aren't very nice with animals... I'm afraid they will..." Midoriya couldn't continue her words as tears trickled on her cheeks fast.

"How about I keep her in my house?" I suggested, staring at Midoriya long. As expected, she was surprised, her eyes widened a bit. "R-Really? You want to keep her?" She asked me expectantly, her face brightened up in hope.

I smiled at her reassuringly, slowly nodded at this innocent greenette. Midoriya gasped in extreme happiness. "You hear that, Mikorin? Shinso-kun will be your owner now!" She beamed in happiness, lifting up Mikorin in the air, spinning her body in circle repeatedly.

"Thanks so much, Shinso-kun! You're my savior!" Midoriya smiled at me brightly, the brightest one she had ever showed to me. My heart started beating fastly, feeling a bit excited when she gave me such a pretty smile.

As I was lost in my thought, something poked my nose. I was startled that I almost fell on my back. I heard giggles coming from Midoriya. "Sorry, did I surprise you?" Midoriya apologized in playful way, giggling adorably at me.

"You got me, Midoriya. I never knew you are good at teasing people." I joked along with cheerful chuckles escaping my lips. "Now, how about we head home?" Midoriya invited me, cheerful smile formed on her soft, pinkish lips.

I nodded to her obediently, not opposing her idea. Midoriya then handed over Mikorin to me. I held this pregnant female cat cautiously, being very careful so that I didn't hurt her.

Me and Midoriya then headed back to the apartment where we lived, chatting and joking along the way there.

....

At the apartment,
Outside their house...

Midoriya's POV

"See you later, Mikorin!" I patted this orange feline softly, her small body was held gently in Shinso-kun's strong arms. "Um, Shinso-kun..." I called him out nervously.