CHAPTER 09 - Internship

Next day,
Early morning,
Apartment...

Midoriya's POV

I dressed myself up in my UA uniform. Today was the day I went to my internship along with my classmates.

Ah, I was so nervous...

Yesterday's incident still played in my mind but I shook it off. I had to focus on my internship!

But I hoped I could apologize to Shinso-kun first...

Shinso-kun's face appeared in my mind. Honestly said...I missed him.

I wonder if he would forgive me...

Ah! I really want to meet him!

I cupped both my cheeks and stared at my reflection in the mirror with serious expression. "Apology can come later! Focus on your path to be a hero,Izuku!" I said with determination.

I swifrly grabbed my back and went to dining room to eat breakfast. "Good morning,Mom." I greeted Mom who was preparing the meals. "Good morning, sweetie." Mom smiled warmly at me while placing the plates on the table.

I pulled a chair and sat on it. Mom sat in front of me. I broke apart the chopstickand started eating while chatting with Mom.

I was very glad she didn't mention Shinso-kun's name.

After finishing the meals, I went to the entrance and put on my favourite red shoes.

"Be careful,sweetie. Take care of yourself." Mom told me with eyes fulled of concern. I smiled at her reassuringly. "Okay,Mom. I promise, I'll be careful." I exclaimed confidently to ease her worry.

Mom smiled at me in relief. I held the doorknob. "I'm off!" I excused myself and left my apartment.

.....

At the train station...

Midoriya's POV

After a moment of briefings by Aizawa-sensei, we all seperated and went on our own station. Me and Ochako-chan noticed Iida-kun. It was very unusual for him to stay quiet.

He had been acting weird ever since Ingenium was attacked by Hero Killer and was hospitalized.

"Iida-kun!" Me and Ochako-chan chased after him. He stopped his. "If you ever feel hopeless, please let us know." I told him with my voice sounded very concern with his feelings. Ochako-chan nodded in agreement. She was the same as me, worried about Iida-kun.

"We're friends, right?" I told him and somehow, my chest felt hurt after I uttered those words. Shinso-kun's face appeared in my mind. I clenched my fists, regretting my immature decision yesterday.