CHAPTER 16 - Full of Embarrassment

Nighttime,
Midoriya's Residence...

Midoriya's POV

"Hitoshi, you meanie! Come back here!" I yelled in panic while chasing my naughty boyfriend who planned to tell Mom about us. Look, it wasn't like I hated that idea but I was just not ready yet. We just became couple a few minutes ago and he was already prepared to tell Mom.

I entered my house in hurry, looking for Hitoshi in my house. I walked past the doorway and surprisingly, Hitoshi chillingly sat at the dining table while talking to Mom like nothing happened. He noticed my presence so he turned to look at me. A mischievous smirk grew on his tired face that seemed to remind me of Aizawa-sensei, telling me he won this game.

Jeez, I never knew he can be this mischieve!

I huffed at Hitoshi, showing him my rebellion. I headed to the dining table and sat next to him, turning my head to somewhere else to avoid eye contact with him. There was heavy silence for a moment before the clicking sound coming from Mom broke this quiet atmosphere.

"So, Hitoshi-kun. What do you want to tell me?" Mom asked Hitosho kindly while placing the plates and bowls on the table. "Me and Izuku are officially couple now." He said bluntly, making my eyes went wide.

Mom gasped in shock at his announcement, her hands started shaking heavily all of sudden. "M-Mom, are you... Okay...?" I asked my mom worriedly, concern about her who only froze there in silent with no response.

"Oh no, Izu! I'm not okay! I'm VERY happy!!!" Mom squealed in excitement, throwing the spatula in the air. I started to panic when I realized that the spatula would hit her head at this rate. I quickly got up to try saving Mom from the spatula but poor my beloved mother, she was too late. The spatula hit her head, causing her to yelp in surprise.

Hitoshi stood up too, his face clouded with worry. Mom rubbed the swollen part of her head while hissing in pain. "M-Mom, are you okay?" I asked her softly, feeling sympathy for her. Mom nodded her head and smiled widely at me and Hitoshi.

"Oh, this is nothing compared to my happiness right now! I'm so proud of you two!" Mom squealed again and all of sudden hugged me and Hitoshi tightly.

"I bet Dad will be very pleased to hear about this good news." Mom said as she released both of us from the embrace. My eyes widened a bit she mentioned Dad.

"H-Hey Mom, did you tell Dad about Hitoshi?" I started to get nervous. Dad was not very nice with any guy who tried to approach me or harrased me like Kacchan. Last time he saw Kacchan bullying me when I was kid he literally slammed him into the pool nearby and then dragged me home like nothing happened. Kacchan complained to Auntie Mitsuki but she blamed him and said it was his own fault for bullying me.

Mom innocently nodded at me without knowing the truth about Dad's hidden side when it came to boys around my age. "But for some reasons, he sounds a bit irritated when I told him on about Hitoshi-kun before..." Mom mumbled while placing one finger on her chins, trying to find out the reason behind Dad being very irritated.

My body started shaking and out of blue, something tapped my shoulder startling me who was deep in thoughts. I turned to look at my boyfriend and he raised an eyebrow at me, asking for an explaination. "Hey, why are we chatting? We've to eat dinner!" Mom gasped in realization, pushing us back to our seats.

I chuckled at her and we all started eating. Mom kept telling us how happy she was to see us finally together. Hitoshi only smiled at her non-stop fangirling. My face wouldn't stop flushing red.

"Thanks for the dinner, Inko-san." Hitoshi smiled at my mother. "No, it's alright! I already view you as my son after all." Mom displayed her genuine smile when she uttered those words.