CHAPTER 1

In the 1800's there was a town called Apple Valley, where a teenage girl named Lizzy lived in a two-story yellow house, that was located on a road called Memory Lane.

Lizzie Barnes age tweet one years old with long brown hair and green eyes, she is 5'5 as well as skinny. One late night, she was at home alone, reading the newspaper on her black couch.

When a strange guy broke into her house, grabbed her and hogtied her, before dragging her down into the cellar. The man tortured her by burning, kicking and cutting her one small slash at a time.

He headed back upstairs, as he left the girl down in the cellar, without food or water. When the man came back the next day, he tortured Lizzy again and continue torturing her four weeks.

When he was finished, she had bled to death from everything he had done to her, as he drug her beat up bloody body into the woods of her backyard.

The man walked back to the house, grab the shovel before heading back to the body and started digging a hole.
When it was deep enough, he then dropped her body into the deep hole in the ground.

The man covered the hole up, as he started smoothing it out with his hands and then carried the shovel back up to the house where he had found it, as he was never to be seen again.

The house stood empty, for a hundred years after what had happened to the girl. A few months later, the Miller family was passing by and came upon the house and they decided to stop.

Larry Miller age thirty eight years old with short blond hair, blue eyes and 5'9 as well as skinny. He is a loving husband and dad as well as kind, loving to others.

He is a hard worker and down to earth, hoping to build his own business, from the ground up. Him and his family wants to have a fresh start in another town.

Kelly Miller age thirty seven with long blond hair, blue eyes and 5'7 as well as skinny. She is a stay-at-home mom, loves the outdoors and is a kind loving person, but is strict one she has to be.

Connie Miller age eight years old with long blond hair, blue eyes and is 4'1 as well as skinny. She is a fun-loving kid, easy to get along with and loves to be in the out doors.

They all stepped out of the car, as they walked around looking at the property and notice the well, with the bucket sitting on the edge.

The Millers headed back to their vehicle, as he started it up and headed into town, as they were looking for the person that owned it.

When they pulled into town, they noticed the Sheriff's Office and stop to talk to him about who owns the house, because they were looking to buy it.

The outside of the building was made of wood, with a wooden plaque that hung above the door that said Sheriff's Office and to the right of it was a big glass window.

When the Millers walked in, they noticed a wooden desk and chair on the opposite sides of the room, with a wooden coat rack that sat beside the door.

"It was my daughter's house," Sheriff Anderson said what's a serious look on his face.

Troy Anderson age 50 years old with short brown hair, brown eyes + 5'8as well as heavy set. Yes work there, since he was tweet one years old and knows everyone in the town, Troy is a kind gentle soul.

He is a hard-ass, if he needs to be with people and he goes by the book, with no exceptions for his family. "Are you sure, it's falling apart?" The sheriff asked them with a straight face.

"Yes, we are sure," the Millers said to him, with a smile on their faces.

They all said down at his desk, as the sheriff looked in his drawers, for the title on the place. When he found it, Larry handed him the money, before the sheriff signed it over to them.

Everyone got up from the desk, he shook their hands and the Millers walked to the front door, as they stepped outside.

They walk over to the car, stepped inside closing the doors behind them and sat there talking, about what they were going to do.

Larry and Kelly decided to rebuild the house from the bottom up, instead of fixing the parts that needed to be fixed, so the family look for a place to stay for the night.

When he pulled away from the sheriff's station, is when his daughter noticed the hotel and taped her dad on the shoulder.

The outside of the building was white with tan trim, with a sign by the road that said, Tammy's comfort Hotel. The entrance into the hotel was glass doors, as well as a window on both sides of the door.

There was a neon open sign , that hung above the right window and a welcome mat, that sat in front of the door. The Millers pulled across the street to the hotel, he stepped out of the car and he headed inside to the desk.

Larry walked up to the counter, as he noticed the walls were white with tan trim and there was paintings of the oceans, hung on the walls. The floors had gray carpet, that ran throughout the room and hallways.

The counter was a dark mahogany wood wood, on the right side of the counter had a little Bell and on the left side had maps of the town, as well as check-in sheets sat in the middle of the counter.

There is a door behind the counter, that leads to another room and it belongs to the owner of the hotel. Larry ring the bell, as he waited for someone to come up front and check him and his family in.

Tammy walked out of her apartment door, as she continued up to the counter"good evening, may I help you?" She said to him, while waiting for him to say something.

"Yes you may, I would like one room with two beds please," he said back to her, with a smile.

While Larry was filling out the paper needed for the room, she went back into her apartment and grab the key for him. He had finished up the paperwork, as he waited for her to come back out.

Tammy came back out with the key in hand, as she looked over the paperwork, before handing him the key to his room. She gave him directions to his room and let him no, to come to her if he needs ice.

"Thank you," He said to her with a wink, as he headed to the front door and stepped outside.

Larry walk to the car, open the trunk and grab the suitcases out, closing it behind him. He walked up to the passenger door, let his wife and daughter no about the room, as they stepped out of the car.

Kelly and Connie close the door behind them and headed back inside in search of the room. When they found the room, he unlocked it and let them in first, as he followed right behind them.

The walls were yellow with brown trim, with tan carpet and on the far wall had a window with white curtains, that hung above it. There is a heat and air conditioner, that sat below it and it was already turned on to cool.

On the right wall has a bed, with a night stand to the left of it and next to it, is a nother bed. The sheets are white, with tan bedspread and on the left wall, is a closet with clothes racks on both sides of it.

To the left side of that, is a TV that hangs on the wall and left of that is a bathroom with white walls and yellow tile.

On the far wall is a window, with yellow curtains and to the left of that is the tolit, next to it is the sink with a mirror above it. On the right wall is the shower combo, with white curtains and yellow tiled walls.

When the Millers finally got unpacked, the three of decided to go find a place to eat and headed out the door, locking the door behind them. The whole family walk down the hallway, to the front door and stepped outside.

The whole family realized, that the town was smaller than they thought and decided to walk, in search of a place to eat. The family was amazed about what they were seeing, when Larry noticed a burger joint.

The outside of the building was tan with white trim, with a wooden door and a window on both sides of it. On the right window has a sign, that says May's old fashion burgers in red letters.